Carb jetting help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

thetsunamimike

i would like to jet my factory carbs to deliver more fuel to the motor but i don't really know much about carb jets... i was looking online and i can get all different sizes of jets and i don't even really know what i'm looking at has anyone jetted there stock carbs befor and found a good set up or is this a waste of time and i should just buy some aftermarket carbs? (trying to save a little money here and aftermarket carbs are one of the most expencive add ons i have seen.) but if this is not a waste of time it would help alot if someone knew a little about it i plan on running aftermarket heads with either a 43cc dome or maybe even some domes that run on race gas. and eventualy a aftermarket pipe.

I feel the same as seadooya, the jets are married to the mods, some call it a level 1, 2 and more. It works in kits, the prop/prok flame arrstor is level 1, the top level is new crank/pistons/porting/pump blueprinting costing about 11-12k. I see you posting often about racing, it would be good for you to observe what the top runners are using and then follow your savings level to decide when to quit buying and start getting the ride time - it is a balancing act.

The first thing to do to your machine is an impeller. After that go with some flame arrestors and maybe an exit nozzle. An aftermarket pipe for our machines will take alot of knowedge and tuning and same goes with carbs. Minor air screw tuning is all thats needed with flame arrestors.

Call GroupK about there exhaust and head mod and you will be more then happy with what they can do for you.

The first and simplest mod to start with are flame arrestors and jets. No reason to change your impeller first when your ski is pulling high RPM's in stock form. If you run f/a you will gain rpm in turn allowing you to run a slightly taller prop for more mph. Yes the jetting goes hand in hand with the mods, however on a 96 xp 787 the jets will be the same from f/a, to a ski with f/a, head, impeller, and possibly a pipe depending on which you get. All you do is re tune the high and low speed adjusters. I've been this route on a 97 gtx, a 96 gtx, a 96 xp, and an 01 xpl. All the same jets, just re tune them.

Your oem carbs are fine until you get into turning over 7400 rpm or get into porting out the motor and going basically a race set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back