Carb fuel return plugged

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jgreelz

So I rebuilt my carbs on my 94 GTX and my second carb fuel return is plugged. I hooked up a hose to it, blew into it and i couldn't blue into it which is how it should be. However I should be able to suck and get air and/or gas and I can't. It like it's sealed right up. How do I fix this, I don't see any way that I can get to the inside of it. Looking into the return at the end, it looks clear. What's the deal, anyone dealt with this before?

You need to clean it out the in opposite direction,,spray carb cleaner followed with the air gun,,,and repeat till a mist of your cleaner comes out, the return orifice is tiny,,,once in a while it can become clogged.

Also please keep to one thread and we’ll help you as fast as we can. Making multiple threads on the same thing makes it really difficult for us to help you.

I remember that I had that problem once. I used a piece of mechanics wire and fished it through. It was corroded with hardened green goo. The wire was stiff enough to bore through it, but flexible enough to make the bend.

You need to clean it out the in opposite direction,,spray carb cleaner followed with the air gun,,,and repeat till a mist of your cleaner comes out, the return orifice is tiny,,,once in a while it can become clogged.
Ok so you're saying I need to clean it out from the fuel inlet side?by forcing carb cleaner and air through it

Ok so holy crap how small that orifice is. I was able to look down the fitting towards the return fitting and finally see a small black dot. I had my 15 year old use his eyes to stuff a tiny stainless wire down thru it and push past about 3/4 inch We kept the wire in and sprayed brake cleaner and carb cleaner thru until we started to get drops out the return. Finally we got flow.

I don’t know how long that was blocked but it was blocked hard. What happens to the carbs if that was blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back