Can I use RF D.E.S.S lanyard on Sea Doo Spark iBR HO 900 ACE (2015)?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Storpai

Couple of questions - I bought my Spark in 2015 with a regular lanyard which means that it can be started with any lanyard.
I am looking to buy the RF D.E.S.S lanyard, but I wonder how it works, and can't find any good information anywhere on the web.
Do I need to buy additional parts, or can I symply buy the key?
Can I do it myself, or do the dealer have to install it?
What is the ~price in total?

Thanks in advance!

It can be done, but there is a bit of work to do it.

- You need to buy an RF DESS post and adapt it to connect to the harness.
- Then you need to enable DESS in the ECM. A dealer may or may not be able to do this, you can always get a Candoopro system and do it yourself.
- Then you need to buy an RF DESS key and get it programmed to the ECM, either at a dealer or yourself with the Candoopro system.

It can be done, but there is a bit of work to do it.

- You need to buy an RF DESS post and adapt it to connect to the harness.
- Then you need to enable DESS in the ECM. A dealer may or may not be able to do this, you can always get a Candoopro system and do it yourself.
- Then you need to buy an RF DESS key and get it programmed to the ECM, either at a dealer or yourself with the Candoopro system.

Okay, thanks for the thorough answer :) I will definately look into it. Do you know anything how much it will cost?

Back