Can a 95 XP be left winterized for 2 winters?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pawn

Hi all:

After an extremely busy year, my 95 XP never made it out of storage this year so I decided to sell it to a friend. Too late for them to take it out this year so I was wondering, is it better for them to leave it winterized from last fall or should they start it up and blow out all the antifreeze and run it a couple of times to lube everything up, then de-winterized?

Bit of a pain for them so unless extremely critical, I assume they'll just leave it. I'm just checking to see if that's a big mistake.

Thanks.

If it had anti freeze put in and the motor was fogged then it should be good to go. I would pull the gas out and clean the carbs before it is run again, just to be safe.

If the fuel is already more than a year old it’s bad and there’s really no reason to add stabilizer. In the spring you are going to have to drain the tank and put in fresh no matter what.

Good info guys! I didn't un-winterize my GSX this year, not sure how much gas I left stabilized in it last year but will drain it next spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back