Buying New Boat question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tltrsvp

I am in the market for either a 2008 or 2009 seadoo challenger 180 and am confused about which engine size to go with. The year is not a big deal but have heard conflicting opinions about the performance from various dealers that push whatever they have in their inventory. If they only have 255hp then they say the 215 hp are too weak and not good enough. If they have 215 hp to sell, then they say that the 255 hp guzzles too much gas and that their is not much of a difference. I think that the best advice will come from people that have had experience with these boats and the various engine sizes that they come with (as I have very little). Now, I'm sure that the way in which I intend to use the boat will determine which engine is right for me, right? I only want something that will allow me to get in the water, pull a tube or maybe the occasional skier, and just have fun on the water with 2-6 people. Is the 215 hp too wimpy or/and is the 255 not worth the added fuel consumption for the small benefit. Please advise....thank you...

Well in my opinion its going to come down to price!
The 215hp is by no means wimpy.... It will pull a skier or a tube without hesitation. It may be a little better on gas but not by to much.
The 255hp may drink a little more gas but of course it has more power and will get to speed a little faster both are great engines...
So again just do a little shopping and find the best bang for your buck.

Hey thunderkat13, I appreciate the speedy reply.
It sounds like both engines would be acceptable
for what I need. Hope you don't mind if I ask
another question as I am brand new to
the forum. Do u know if there is much of a differenc
between the 2008 and 2009 180 challenger? From what I can tell,
there is not much difference. Thanks for your time.

Travis

Check out Craigmri's postings

He has been shopping for the same boat. He, for a time, decided on the 2009. Couple of things he mentioned was a higher grade of upholstery, stainless steel cup holders, and a slight hull change. Check out the posted picture of the 2007 he bought and the 2009 that Bucky had up for sale. :cheers:

215hp boat will hit 43mph no problem with 7 people, coolers, tube, etc on board. Will also pull a huge tube with 2 people on it and 5 remaining in the boat no problemo. Will hit close to 50mph with 2 people. The 215hp is in NO way lacking for power. Will the 255hp motor be faster/more powerful whatever -yes of course :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back