Buying a SeaDoo Wake Pro 215 - How much should I pay for it?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

birkoff

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and to the PWC world... I'm looking for buying a Wake Pro 215 and was wondering how much should I pay for it. I know the price tag is 12999.. but was wondering if this is the same as buying a car were you can lower the price. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Birkoff

NADA says that MSRP should be about 12,799 for a new one and yes you should negotiate:cheers:, that's what makes the buying process fun

Thank b15Philly! Do you think I'll be able to get it for 10K with a trailer? I'm going to stop by the dealer tomorrow to see what I can get. I leave in the Mount Arlington, NJ area...

Will see... if anyone has any starting price that I can use let me know...

If they really want to sell it you might be able to, it might be kind of a stretch but anything is possible, it all depends how good of a negotiator you are and how soft the dealer is, just remember that you are the one buying, its your money and don't let them push you around, also don't be afraid to walk away and let them sit on your offer for a while I have made a offer on a car had the sales guy laugh at me i walked away had him call back 2 weeks later saying that all he had to do was sell one more car to make is bonus and he matched my price:rofl: good luck

My dad was in car sales for 30+ years. I agree in putting cash on the table. if they say no get up an walk away, they will more than likley stop you before you get to the door.

Times are tuff and sales are down. Take advantage while you can.

Thank you guys a lot for your comments!!! That is exactly was I was planning on doing!!! :)

I'll let you know how it goes... can't wait to get it home!!!

Hahahah!!! glenwhitt I'm afraid you are right... and because I know myself I'm trying to set my mind to the fact that if they don't accept the offer, to walk away....

Will see!!!! Hopefully I can stick with my plan... maybe I should take my girlfriend with me so that she can keep me at bay.... :rofl:

Hi, I'm in the same boat as you, never owned a watercraft and am looking to buy a WakePro 215 from a dealer in Southern California. I got quoted on a 2009 WakePro 215 at $12999 out the door without trailer. We may have higher taxes and registration than you have. I got another dealer to agree to sell me on a 2008 WakePro 215 out the door for 13000--Out the door with a single zieman trailer with box. I would like to know if you do better so I can try to do better. I think getting a WP215 with premium trailer for $10000 should be impossable, but I'm interested to know how close you can get them----I saw something on an online ad stating that SeaDoo was offering a $1000 rebate until May 31st on 07-08 models, but the sales people I spoke to didn't mention it

Trust me...I a certified Car Dealer for Florida...new seadoo's have a 5,000.00 mark up over actual invoice...if they don't dicker go to the next dealer. The floor plan is killing them with all that inventory laying around. I know dealers here would beg to move product off the floor. You get your best buys at the end of the month as the floor plan interest starts over on the first of the month, as does the sales commissions. Everyone wants to sell and deliver product before the first of the month because of the new cycle.

Karl

Karl the car man

I had no idea Karl. Karl is correct. Some places will take a loss so they can get the car/boat off the lot and make a bonus from the factory if they only have one or two more for the month to reach it. ever here people say "go in on the last day of the month late afternoon/early evening". They are correct for the car business.

I am also in sales and part of my plan is customer retention rate. At the end of the quarter I do not care if you give a dollar per seat for what I sell if you will be the one that puts me in bonus money.

Last edited by a moderator:
The cost is open to the public on the internet.

Anyone know how much is the invoice for the wake pro 215? That will also help in the negotiations...

If I told you I'd have to kill you ...:rofl:

It is available on the internet if you look around real hard.
I Pay for my invoice information for convience, but I won't reprint it here...sorry...

Karl

Back