Bunk Angles not equal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

NCEpicPro

Hello ! I am a new User to this Forum. Anyone have an issue with their Bunk angles on their Trailer not being the same ? I just sold a SeaDoo 2018 GTI SE 155 along with its 2017 Triton WAVE Trailer. I would always have issues with the angles never being the same. Even when the SeaDoo was in the water, I would have to adjust the angles of the Bunks to make them the same. Now I have recently purchased a 2019 SeaDoo Wake Pro 230 along with a 2019 Trition LTWCI-X Trailer. I am now starting to see this same issue develop also with this new Combination. I am thinking that it must be connected somehow to how I am loading the SeaDoo onto the Trailer ?? Has anyone ever encountered this similar issue before ?? Any thoughts ??

Imagine your launch ramp isn't level. Water is going to find a level, so while the trailer is sitting uneven, the boat floats level and as you pull out out it settles unevenly onto the trailer.

That's been my experience anyway. My launch ramp is in similar situation to this image... I can usually find the sweet spot, but sometimes after I pull out I have to lift the rear of the boat and shift it over a few inches and then plop it back down for it to be centered and level.

8556c313a5ce952fdeec253e07d7450b.jpg

Imagine your launch ramp isn't level. Water is going to find a level, so while the trailer is sitting uneven, the boat floats level and as you pull out out it settles unevenly onto the trailer.

That's been my experience anyway. My launch ramp is in similar situation to this image... I can usually find the sweet spot, but sometimes after I pull out I have to lift the rear of the boat and shift it over a few inches and then plop it back down for it to be centered and level.

8556c313a5ce952fdeec253e07d7450b.jpg

This makes sense ! And Thanks for the Reply - I will be more focused on how I trailer the boat going forward !!

If the bunks are set correct to your hull and you can't get it centered when loading it in the water then you have the trailer in too deep. The ski should self center on the trailer. You should have to drive it up or winch it up for the last few feet on the trailer and it will center itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back