Bought an extra fuel baffle and it has an R1 not an F1...?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
My fuel gauge doesn't work. 1996 Speedster. I bought an extra float and full on baffle so I could repair it on the bench and have an extra in case the board goes bad or they are tough to get in the future.

The one in my boat I have yet to remove but the new (used) one that I received has an R1 resistor instead of an F1 fuse. There are only 2 wires coming out of the weatherpack connector. One pink and one pink/black.

There was no reading when I got it on ohms and I tried using pink/black as ground and vice versa just in case. I put the new magnet in and still nothing. De-soldered the resistor and it took me awhile to get a "bead" to run with solder but I eventually was able to bridge the connections. It still gives no reading?

Is there a trick to creating a "bead" with solder? I essentially had to build up to puddles of solder on each side of the connection then heat them both up and "pull" them together to make the connection.

Thanks for any advice,

Donnie

Nope, I ended up throwing away the extra one that I bought and found that the magnet had fallen off of the float on the original one in my tank so I bought a new float with magnet and the fuel gauge now works good.

Sorry I cannot be of more help

Donnie

I guess your board was fried. I noticed one of my baffles are warped as the board wont fit snug which is another problem if the board wont fit properly it will never work..or even the solder didn't stick well enough. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back