Boat / PWC Meet ? (Simcoe/Orillia or West Port areas)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

MooF

Are there any boating events / meets that occur in the Simcoe/Orillia or West Port (Rideau Kingston area) ? that I'm either unaware of or does anyone have interest in?
I know about Pottahawk Pissup on LongPoint and I plan to attend this year, but that's definitely too far West of me generally speaking.

I don't know if I have the resources to plan a meet, but was interested in knowing what others thought?

There are some regular events in Orillia as well, simply a matter of the warmer weather to arrive :cheers:

Thanks.

Ive already been to pottahawk 4 times this season and will most likely be there again this coming weekend aha im there partying almost every weekend of the summer but looking to check out some diffrent places the summer.

Ive already been to pottahawk 4 times this season and will most likely be there again this coming weekend aha im there partying almost every weekend of the summer but looking to check out some diffrent places the summer.

Cool, you have your cottage there correct? so its an easy visit.. Good stuff.

Is there always something going on each weekend? I'm sure there is as the weather warms up and the long weekends roll in.. I'm aiming to be there for PissUp but if I can't make it, I'll visit on another nice weather weekend.

Cheers.

Yes theres about 1000 boats there on any given weekend during the summer. And closer to the point theres Bluffs bar witch is a BIG sand bar thats about 2miles long. Thing about any other weekend is theres no cops but piss-up theres 100's of them.

Yes theres about 1000 boats there on any given weekend during the summer. And closer to the point theres Bluffs bar witch is a BIG sand bar thats about 2miles long. Thing about any other weekend is theres no cops but piss-up theres 100's of them.

Very cool.. PissUp sounds like the Mardi Gras of Boating... and the cops are all over the place during Mardi Gras..:hat:

Very cool.. PissUp sounds like the Mardi Gras of Boating... and the cops are all over the place during Mardi Gras..:hat:

yes there are alot of cops there on piss-up weekend. think theres 3 or 4 coastguard ships with who know how many cops on each one, 1 helicopter and and maybe 30+ cops on RXP's. sportster 150's. Lund fishing boats. zodiac and all kinds of other boats. some marked and some undercover. They cruz up and down the "strip" all day pulling people over to see if there impared.

A couple things people should keep in mind if there going to go

1. LOTS of cops at pottahawk

2. There will be ride checks at ALL marinas as well as every road out of every town with marinas that is on the lake. (portrowan, longpoint, turkypoint and port dover) I will guarantee youll go through at least one ride check. I was pulled over twice on the boat at pottahawk last year and givin a breathalizer each time and yes i was sober i also went through a ride check leaving the cottage. SO becarefull even if you only have 1 drink.

3. If your going to be drinking and walk around keep in mind that is against the law but they let it slid alot unless your being and idiot and stand out from the croud then youll be in trouble. But if you act normal and have "CANS" they will not bug you.

4. YES this is the marit gras but with boat so A) bring beads :hurray: B) Dont bring your significant other if there the jealous type or young kids

5. Dont drink and drive. Have a DD, The main event is Sunday but it also finishes up in turkeypoint with everyone going to the bars at night there.

have fun and be safe :cheers:

Back