Blue/Green 2 Stroke Oil?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the guy I bought my boat from said that he always used Seadoo oil, whatever they sell at the dealer. I'm a bit color blind so had my gal look at some oil I pulled out with a syringe. She said it is Blue/Green in color. To me it looks Blueish. Problem is XPS oil that is sold at the dealer is Red. Another first world problem is that it is now 68 bucks a gallon on Amazon and other than some shady site online that is as cheap as I can find now.
So I'm reading a lot of guys say Amsoil, but it is more expensive than XPS. I also am seeing a few say they use Quiksilver, which is about 45 a gallon now.

So I'm wondering what color these oils are. I'm kinda thinking the guy maybe ran quicksilver, however I do think back when I had my ski, which was back in the day, it used the Bombardier oil and I think it was kinda blue looking like 20 years ago but not sure. That's why I didn't question him on what he used until I saw the XPS is red.

Any ideas and any suggestions on more affordable options than XPS. And I know everyone always says another oil post, but honestly there is no one post covering this topic thoroughly like the carb rebuild how to type post. The info is very choppy, and I've read all of the threads i can pull up in a search. Thanks

I've tried the cheaper oils - at least the ones that I can find here at Canadian Tire - and they seem to smoke a good deal more than the red XPS oil. I did this one season only and decided to switch back to XPS. I have a half gallon left of the cheaper oil and you are welcome to it :)

I don't know if other brands have a blue/green oil but Amsoil 2 stroke Injector oil is blue/green but that is the wrong oil for your ski. It is no ash vs low ash. Amsoil Interceptor oil is the correct oil from Amsoil. It is a golden color.

We have been using shell nautilus synthetic 2 stroke oil in our race ski (7700 pm ) for 20 years and sometimes Walmart has it on sale…it is blue.

I use pennzoil IMG_0047.JPGtwo-stroke, marine oil it’s $20 a gallon. It is blue green and color and I’ve never had an issue with it. Been using it for seven years now.

I won’t use anything but the xps oil, don’t have much data to support my decision but Seadoo recommends it of course, a lot of posts I’ve read on here say to only use it. There is a sticker on most of the seadoo’s explicitly saying to not use TCW-3. Yamaha recommended the TCW-3 and when I’m looking to buy another used machine I notice a high proportion of the Yamaha’s are in need of a rebuild. Bought a 97 GSX and the rave valves were so carboned Up that they would not work properly, pretty sure BRP recommends cleaning them more often if not using the XPS or another low ash oil. I only use a jug a season, so for me I prefer to spend the extra 30.00 a year and know I’m using the right oil. Just my opinion.

I use pennzoil View attachment 60776two-stroke, marine oil it’s $20 a gallon. It is blue green and color and I’ve never had an issue with it. Been using it for seven years now.
I've seen lots of people with this oil they get from Walmart. It's cheap, yes, but it's not the correct oil for a Sea-Doo boat, or any other Sea-Doo for that matter. You need an API TC rating full synthetic. Never a tcw3. But as this age old discussion has shown us, people will run whatever they want even if it's wrong.

Seadoo oil has never been blue or green, only golden or red.
What engine does your boat have?
If it is a 720 or smaller you don't need synthetic and any API-TC oil is fine.
If it is a 787 you should run a full synthetic but Semi will be fine but RAVE valves will need to be cleaned more. Lucas with the blue label is API-TC rated. DO not use the Marine 2-cycle that is TCW-3.
951 needs full synthetic.

Short and simple, any oil bottle that says TCW-3 anywhere on it should not be used in a Seadoo, even if it also says API-TC period.

So the guy I bought my boat from said that he always used Seadoo oil, whatever they sell at the dealer. I'm a bit color blind so had my gal look at some oil I pulled out with a syringe. She said it is Blue/Green in color. To me it looks Blueish. Problem is XPS oil that is sold at the dealer is Red. Another first world problem is that it is now 68 bucks a gallon on Amazon and other than some shady site online that is as cheap as I can find now.
So I'm reading a lot of guys say Amsoil, but it is more expensive than XPS. I also am seeing a few say they use Quiksilver, which is about 45 a gallon now.

So I'm wondering what color these oils are. I'm kinda thinking the guy maybe ran quicksilver, however I do think back when I had my ski, which was back in the day, it used the Bombardier oil and I think it was kinda blue looking like 20 years ago but not sure. That's why I didn't question him on what he used until I saw the XPS is red.

Any ideas and any suggestions on more affordable options than XPS. And I know everyone always says another oil post, but honestly there is no one post covering this topic thoroughly like the carb rebuild how to type post. The info is very choppy, and I've read all of the threads i can pull up in a search. Thanks
Quick silver is blue green and is fine in your motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back