Blew flywheel cover gasket

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well just my luck I got my new solinoid in and when out on the 94 xp and it backfired through the flywheel cover and blew part of the gasket out now it wont start ? It over heated when it happened and I noticed the large line on the exhaust was blown off fml !!

If you blew the mag cover gasket you also blew the front crank seal. The only way to fix that is to remove and tear down the engine.

ya im gonna tear it down and do a full rebuild. obviously the cylinder pressure/fuel must of leaked down to the crank to cause this to happen , explains the hard starts and bogging i was having . I bet compression is shot in one of the cylinders causing all the headaches ive been having

Last edited:
Looks like someone put the 657x cover on a 657 motor causing detonation .I never noticed, thought it was the 657x cause of the b38i carbs fml. But I found a guy selling a good 657x for 600$

Just gotta get the inner bearing sleeve off and I can pop the new ones on and the crank will be back into working order
15673641903518644693588322218530.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back