Bimini tops

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tucker

I am thinking about buying a bimini top for my challenger I found a great deal on a new seadoo bimini top not an after market does anyone have one how do they like it ? Also was wondering can you drive around wide open with it up or do you have to put them down to run higher speeds ?

On my 1997 Challenger I have a Bimini Top and love it at slow speed. I never use it at any speeds above no wake or 10 mph as it lifts the boat up and might tear it off. It helps a great deal for the rear 3 seats and the rear facing seats. Mine is made from Sunbrella, but there are a great number of company's that make them. Here is a picture of mine.

6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tucker, have on 06 sportster, with the seadoo top. I leave mine up at speeds under 20 or so, and make sure the front staps are good and tight. My old boat had an aftermarket top, and it was fine at speeds up to 40. I dont feel safe with that speed on my seadoo. Hope that helped you out.

I have a 97 Challenger 1800 with factory bimini and run at wot all day no prob's, I lose about 3-5 mh, as said before just make sure front straps are tight.

Not worth the chance or expense.

I have a 97 Challenger 1800 with factory bimini and run at wot all day no prob's, I lose about 3-5 mh, as said before just make sure front straps are tight.

With the 1800 the weight is more than the 1,067 pounds my 1997 Challenger has with the single 787 engine. My boat lifts off the water at high speeds with it open. With a bimini that age I don't want to replace it at the expense of $500.00 usd. but each to their own. I know I'll never have to replace mine.:ack:

The one that Im thinking about buying is at a local dealer near me and is an actual sea doo bimini top that matches my boat perfect I can pick it up for 300.00 Canadian i think thats a good price he said they are normally 700.00 wanted 400.00 talked him down to 300.00.
Thanks for the imput think Ill leave it down at higher speeds.

reply to Tucker

Sounds like a good price. I think under 20 or so is pretty safe, just remember to keep the front straps tight, and enjoy your top

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back