Bimini Questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to update this. I bought the el cheapo universal Bimini off ebay last year. I used it 1 time. It looked good on the boat and function was great. The only problem is that there is no way at all to get it to fit under the cover. Every lake I goto is 1 to 4 hours from my house. So i wont trailer the boat without the cover.

That 1 time out last year it poured and we didnt get wet. So I wanted to figure out how to make it work over the winter. Unfortunately that time I used it, I came home and forgot it was up. I was trying to get the boat close to the garage and went to far and the bimini hit the gutter. It broke 2 of the plastic mounts and bent a pole.

I could have fixed it for like $30 bucks. But that still would not have solved my problem of fitting under the cover. I think it would possibly fit if it was 36" tall instead of 46. I really didnt feel like hacking it all up and messing with it.

I bit the bullet and ordered the OEM Bimini from JMCamper 2 weeks ago. It was $420 shipped. They are actually a Sea Doo dealer. I think the biggest volume dealer in the country actually. It came yesterday. I opened it up today and it is very impressive. Build quality is great. The fabric is thicker and a bit heavier duty than the cheap one. The poles actually have plastic fitting pieces so when it is folded down, it snaps together to keep it from bouncing around. Then a strap that wraps around to hold it tight. The rear poles have pins that hold them to the mount.

It should look good and fit under the cover. When it warms up, I will install it and post up some pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice..can't wait to see some pictures. I definitely will be looking for one this spring, especially after the wife goes out a few times and gets too much sun.

The cheap one worked great it just wouldnt fit under the cover. I will let ya know as soon as i get it on.

RFoster130,
Have you installed this new Bimini yet? Any pics? Getting ready to order mine from JMCamper, and wanted to make sure I was getting the right one and that it was up to snuff.

I havent installed it yet. I only took it out of the box and checked it out. I should get to it in the next few weeks hopefully. I can say that it is very high quality though. The mounts that come with it are much better than the cheap ones. It also has the clips that just pull out of the rear poles to pop it up. It has nice straps made into it to strap it down when not in use. It also has the 4 bows instead of 4. You can go wrong with it, especially at the price JM has it for.

How far are you from Norris Lake? It is just north of knoxville. I will be down there June 9th to the 12th with a big group of people.

Gotcha. I'm looking for a little refuge out of the sun myself. I'll probably just pull the trigger and wait for delivery.

I'm in the Nashville area right on Old Hickory Lake. About 200 miles from Knoxville. Where exactly will you be 6/9-6/12?

We will be at Norris. If you have ever been there, you probably know where the bridge is people jump off. By Sugar Hollow and Shanghai marinas. We are staying at a rental cabin right by there. I will post it up in the TN section when the time gets closer. It would be cool if some of the TN people could come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back