Bimini Canvas, Cockpit Cover and Bow Cover 2010 Seadoo Challenger 210

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

PcTekGuy

I have a 2010 Sea-Doo Challenger 210 - Twin 155's with a OEM Bimini top.

Looking to Replace the Bimini Canvas, Cockpit Cover and Bow Cover. Am I on a Wild Goose Chase or do these need to be made custom? There is one tag on the Bimini top Canvas called SURLAST.

Any Suggestions would be great.

I have been getting Prices of $600 just for the Canvas of the Bimini top.

Seems High to me? I am in Stuart, FL

Also does anybody know the Manufacturer of the Bimini top Frame.

Thank you!

I replied to your message.

I think I paid $150 for new bimini canvas and a new zippered cover. I'd guess you'd be around $500-600 for everything you're asking for.

canvas covers for our boats are no longer available from SeaDoo. I had to have mine custom made for the bow and cockpit, it was way more than $500-600

Last edited:
yes $500 generic covers are available, what I had made was new canvas with snaps and support poles for the bow and cockpit.

yes $500 generic covers are available, what I had made was new canvas with snaps and support poles for the bow and cockpit.

Poppycover isn't "generic", it's a custom made cover specifically for our boats. A mooring cover that covers the entire boat bow to stern. If you search this forum, they're highly recommended.

The snap in bow and cockpit covers don't offer the same type of protection as the mooring cover. They're aIso not as water tight, while leaving much of the fiberglass and transom completely exposed to the elements. I would venture to guess the cost of custom snap in covers would vary depending on where you live.

I stand by my original price as I've worked with this particular upholstery lady for years on 2 separate boats and her prices and quality of work are fantastic.

The amount of canvas isn't much compared to a full mooring cover.

I'd definitely shop around and also ask about the type of canvas they're going to use when creating the covers.

20200708_133706.jpg
20200706_135607.jpg
PcTekGuy
Here are pics of the canvas I had made for my Challenger 230 this past July. Sunbrella fabric, 3 poles, snaps installed on the boat, vented pole supports, etc. I'm guessing you're looking for something like this, not a generic $500 cover. I think $600 for replacement bimini canvas is reasonable if they are using good canvas, my bimini is quite large as I'm sure yours is also.

Last edited:
Love how you keep saying "generic" when it's a custom fitted mooring cover specifically made for his model of boat, which happens to be a 210 and not a 230.

Comes with 2 tent poles, vents, SS ratchet straps and is rated for towing. It also offers way more coverage and protection. Even covers the folded bimini, protecting it as well.

I've had the snap-in covers since we got the boat. I've used them twice and they allowed water to get into the bow from water running down the windshield of the cockpit cover and in between the snaps of the bow cover, then finally into the bow itself. I've been using a mooring cover ever since and haven't had any issues with water intrusion, plus it protects all of the rear platform SeaDek from the sun.

I live in FL where we get some pretty serious rain storms.

There's nothing "generic" about the Poppy cover.

Poppy 2.jpg

Poppy 3.jpg
Poppy 4.jpg

Do you work for Poppy cover? I do not understand why you are so defensive about the term generic. Now that I've seen the Poppy cover it looks like the thin SeaDoo cover that came with my Challenger 230, and lasted about 6 years. I'm here to provide info to the original poster, not argue about your eBay boat cover

Why do you hate on Poppy covers so much? It's quite odd being that you've never even owned one.

The pics I posted are right after unboxing the cover and placing it on the boat. It took a couple of hours for the wrinkles to disappear, but feel free to make assumptions about the quality of something you've never owned or saw with your own eyes.

You came in challenging everything I posted, maybe that's why I am being defensive. You have 20 posts vs my 1400. If you took the time to search the forums you'd see that the Poppy cover is the most recommended cover for our boats.

6 years out of a factory cover is quite normal.

You're in NY and I'm in Fl, did you ever think that could be part of the reason you paid so much more for you cover than I did for work I've had done on my boats? LMAO

I'll stick with my recommendation for the mooring cover vs your bow and cockpit covers all day solely based on the amount of protection they offer compared to what you're recommending. I'm not willing to let my gelcoat and platform SeaDek get killed by the sun by using the cockpit cover.

I guess it really just boils down to how much of the boat you want protected/covered.

JPass, please focus on the topic, helping PCTekGuy with cover selection. I do not care how many posts you have, you are just arguing with me instead of posting info for the topic. I am done responding to you

JPass, please focus on the topic, helping PCTekGuy with cover selection. I do not care how many posts you have, you are just arguing with me instead of posting info for the topic. I am done responding to you

OK buddy, but please take your own advice and stop arguing with me as well.

I've already been helping him through the forum messaging system. I've put him in touch with 2 upholstery people with great referrals and I have my original covers available should he need them to make new ones.

I appreciate the fact that your done responding to me. Thank you.

LMAO

I replied to your message.

I think I paid $150 for new bimini canvas and a new zippered cover. I'd guess you'd be around $500-600 for everything you're asking for.

If you can forward me her telephone number I would greatly appreciate it I can wait until December for her to do it. Thank you very much for all your help greatly appreciate it

I just bought a Poppy for my Wake 210 and is amazing and much better than the poppet covers that go at the seams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back