Bilge Pump

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have an original Rule 500 bilge pump that came with a 2004 Sportster ? My pump works but one of the lock tabs that holds the pump into the strainer basket is broken.

Also I want to install a hourmeter behind the dash . Anyone know how to wire it so it only records hours when the engine is running ?

Thank you for any help you can be.

There are several mount options for you if you simply need a new mount. A quick Google search found several for less than $10.

How to install hour meter
Thanks for your reply. I'm trying not to change to a newer style Rule pump such as a model 500A or B as that would require drilling out the current strainer base and re-rivetting in a new one. My current pump works fine except for a broken lock tab. It won't stay latched in the strainer base any longer.

I made the assumption it was the tab on the cup that broke and not the pump as that's primarily what I've seen during my years of owning boats. Post a pic of the pump and we'll see if we can help ya.

Are you looking for something like THIS?

I made the assumption it was the tab on the cup that broke and not the pump as that's primarily what I've seen during my years of owning boats. Post a pic of the pump and we'll see if we can help ya.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Attached are 4 pictures of my broken bilge pump. As you can see the lock tab on the pump is broken which caused the outlet nipple to break. I re-attached the nipple with Gorilla Glue but the glue oozed into the nipple partially restricting the water flow. Rather than try to repair the existing pump I've decided to replace it. I'm thinking a model A or B 500 gpm automatic Rule. Which would you recommend ? Is there another less expensive brand on the market ? Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Bilge Pump Top.jpg
    Bilge Pump Top.jpg
    591.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Bilge Pump Right Side.jpg
    Bilge Pump Right Side.jpg
    486.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Bilge Pump Left Side.jpg
    Bilge Pump Left Side.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Bilge Pump Front.jpg
    Bilge Pump Front.jpg
    639.7 KB · Views: 22
Thanks to everyone for their help. I ended up ordering a new Rule-Mate 500 gpm original design from E-Bay. This way I won't have to drill out the existing strainer cup. Thanks again.

Post a pic of the new one you picked up if you can.

Attached are pics of the bilge pump I installed. It's identical to the original I replaced due to a broken nipple on the pump where the outlet hose connects. The nipple is part of the pump and not replaceable. I would recommend a Rule model 500A or 500B as the nipple threads onto the pump body and could be replaced if damaged. Only reason I stayed with the same model was to eliminate drilling out the rivets that hold the strainer cup to the boat floor. Thje newer 500A & B models have a different strainer cup and would have required drilling new mounting holes. Good luck, hope I helped.

Attachments

• Bilge Pump Left Side.jpg
    Bilge Pump Left Side.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Bilge Pump Top.jpg
    Bilge Pump Top.jpg
    591.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Bilge Pump Right Side.jpg
    Bilge Pump Right Side.jpg
    486.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Bilge Pump Front.jpg
    Bilge Pump Front.jpg