Bilge pump switch doesnt do anything

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

snaps

I Just bought a 1997 Seadoo Challenger 14ft boat.
When i try and turn on the bilge pump, nothing happens.
Does anyone know where the fuse is located. Perhaps this is the problem.
The previous owner mentioned to me that he had a similar issue and that the mechanic told him to plug the wire for the bilge pump and that would make it work. Unfortunately he told me this over the phone and i have no idea what wire he is talking about.

Can anyone help me?

yep....in da manual..(meant to put smiley)

should be plug up above the bilge itself, then from there, as for wiring, sorry chief...i'd check the fuse, cause there is one..

unfortunately i dont have the manual. Do you know where i can download one from. I have looked everywhere on the net.

seadooforum..

wouldnt be bad idea, being new owner/seadoo..etc, subscribe here as premium member, for 10 buks, get your manual, download it, and at end of month, or when done downloading, unsubscribe....cant beat a manual for 10 buks.

Mine doesn't do anything either, unless there is enough water in the hull to trigger the switch for the pump.

so if you are worried about it, turn it on and then put a water hose in the engine bay and see if it comes on. It should get about 2" deep and then the switch will activate the bilge pump.

The bilge pump should not come on unless there is sufficient water to suck out, and if it does, it will burn itself out. So it is equipped with a switch that detects how deep the water is and then turns it on automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back