Bilge pump problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
My boat is in the water and I used water hose to rinse it the other day, and now it has about 6 inches of water that want drain, bilge pump is under water. Can they stop up and not run, I don't here any noise like I could before, and battery is charged?

They can burn out pretty easy if they are ever left on while it is dry pumping. The switch can be stuck in the closed position and not floating.

The bilge is not an extremely expensive piece of equipment, but very nice to make sure that it works...especially for those who like to leave it in the water. The jet driven boats are well known for not being very sealed. I personally could not leave mine in the water for a long period of time without knowing that the bilge is in great shape.

I used shop vac and got water out and will try and get it out of water in a day or two and replace bilge pump. Thanks for the reply.

Pull out the pump, there is a small screen that is probably plugged!! I had the same problem, but mine was working...I pulled it out and it started pumping right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back