Bilge pump not working Speedster 200

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Norb

Hi

I just noticed yesturday after a rainy day and the cover from Terry is not 100%waterproof. So I had a lot of water in the engine bay and in the wakeboard compartment. So I started the bilge pump button but nothing happend, I did not even hear a pump work.

Im assuiming something is messed up, question is if it could realy be that both pumps are screwed? I hope the quality is not that crazy bad?

Any idea, could it be a fuse? Where is it located?

Hit me with some tips where to begin the search. :nopity:

Thanks

I always start with the stupid questions first - have you turned your main electrical disabler switch on? Is the battery charged? Is the water in the bildge deep enough to be picked up by the bidge pumps? Can you hear them humming? Also, are actually turning on the bildge pump switch, as opposed to the lighting one (I can't tell the switches apart).

If all the above is a yes - then I'd be checking fuses too (not sure where this is on the 200 sorry).

I always start with the stupid questions first - have you turned your main electrical disabler switch on? Is the battery charged? Is the water in the bildge deep enough to be picked up by the bidge pumps? Can you hear them humming? Also, are actually turning on the bildge pump switch, as opposed to the lighting one (I can't tell the switches apart).

If all the above is a yes - then I'd be checking fuses too (not sure where this is on the 200 sorry).

1. Yes ofcourse the electricity is on
2. Yes battery is charged
3. Deep enough? Its almost reaching the engine!
4. No I cant hear the pumps at all
5. The bilge pump is next to the engine fan, but I tried all buttons, nothing.

Yes I need to find where the fuse box is, anyone?

OK, well apparently (10 second Google search) the fuse box on the Speedster 200 is in the same location as the 150 (lift up the removable box that sits in the driver's storage bin) and look behind the instrument gauge.

Just to be clear, you've already drained the water via the bungs and now want to work out why the bilge pumps aren't working right? (sorry again with the stupid questions - but it's not always clear what people's experience / knowledge is.

OK, well apparently (10 second Google search) the fuse box on the Speedster 200 is in the same location as the 150 (lift up the removable box that sits in the driver's storage bin) and look behind the instrument gauge.

Just to be clear, you've already drained the water via the bungs and now want to work out why the bilge pumps aren't working right? (sorry again with the stupid questions - but it's not always clear what people's experience / knowledge is.

I forgot to search for google picture! I did not know it was removable, I will try it out today and see, hope the rain stops first. And no I have not drained the water yet.

I forgot to search for google picture! I did not know it was removable, I will try it out today and see, hope the rain stops first. And no I have not drained the water yet.

ALWAYS HAVE THE BUNGS UNSCREWED WHEN NOT IN USE. Don't let anymore water build up the hull, maybe this is why you are having electrical problems... Go outside and do this now!! If it's on the trailer, put something under the wheels to stop it rolling backwards and extend the jockey wheel to the max height then put a concrete block or something underneath that to get more angle on the trailer and let it drain.

I can have the hose on full pressure blasting into the cabin of my Speedster but with the bungs undone, the water just drains straight out the back... no build up.

If I unplugg the bungs I will have to call my insurance company and tell them sorry guys but my boat just went for a deep swim :D Sorry.... my boat is on water, so I cant remove the bung for water to get out.

If I unplugg the bungs I will have to call my insurance company and tell them sorry guys but my boat just went for a deep swim :D Sorry.... my boat is on water, so I cant remove the bung for water to get out.

Ok well I'm scared to ask any more questions (salt water will do serious damage if prolonged exposure in engine bay, and these boats are not designed to be permanently moored in water, the hulls apparently can blister...)

You could always borrow / buy an external pump to get the water out whilst you try to fix the bilge pumps.

Its fresh water here, but yes I will drain it out with an external pump if I cant get those pump to work, Im hoping its the fuse.

Sorry .But design has nothing to do with hulls being moored in the water and blistering.All the boats are made the same.Polyester resin used with a glass fibre cloth.Either woven or chopped strand.
The blistering is called osmosis and occurs when water gets through the gelcoat first and then gets into the resin coated glass fibre.poor mixing and/or curing of the resin and catlyst make the resin of uneven quality.The resin gets eaten away in spots and leaves the glass fibres.These then swell with water and that causes the blisters.
I only chimed in on this to help people understand the blistering problem that can occur in ANY fibreglass boat.

Not quite correct. Seadoo just switched to vinylester resin in 2006. It is more impervious to water. Prior model years were polyester resin which was far inferior and should not be left in water. They WILL blister.

Last edited by a moderator:
RFoster.mate.Good call.Ve is way better than pe.
I was trying to explain why and how they blister

Okey Im back, I checked the fuse and it was blown, I replaced it and turned on the pump and it blown right away, I tested like 4 fuses. I switched to 5amp and 10amp but they did not blow but still nothing happend tho.

What could be wrong, is there 1 or 2 pumps on a seadoo speedster 200?

Sounds like the pump is bad. It is blowing the fuse for a reason. Dont install a bigger fuse, it has a specific requirement for a reason. You may cause more damage or a fire. Pull the pump and see if it has something clogging it up. I think you only have 1. If you intend to always leave the boat on water, i would add a 2nd pump as well as its own dedicated battery.

Polyester boats etc,blister because of build quality.Not because it is polyester.Hattares built a pretty good boat.They had one model that went through and all of that size boat got osmosis.Polyester boats make up a huge percentage of fibreglass boats in the world.They do not all blister.Its a build quality thing,not the resins used.

Sounds like the pump is bad. It is blowing the fuse for a reason. Dont install a bigger fuse, it has a specific requirement for a reason. You may cause more damage or a fire. Pull the pump and see if it has something clogging it up. I think you only have 1. If you intend to always leave the boat on water, i would add a 2nd pump as well as its own dedicated battery.

I see, the pump, is it the one located at the end of the rear engine room under the air tank?

I dont know your specific boat, but that sounds about right. Using the parts diagram, it does say there is only 1, but it doesnt show where it is.

Will try to demount it tomorrow, I just saw today how hard it will be as its on the bottom under the air tank. :ack:

If its broken, is there any good aftermarked replacements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back