Best mod for the money?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Jeffspx

Bought a 90hp 2up last year, looking to add a performance part now to start the year, any suggestions as to what's the most benefit, other then a tune?
Was looking at a Solas impeller, intake grate, ride plate or sponsons.
any thoughts and real world experience with any of these items on the spark?
Thanks

Adding an impeller and a grate without adding HP or RPMs is a waste of money. With an impeller, you may gain a bit on the top but you will lose on the bottom end performance. An aggressive grate will actually drag so much that you will lose speed. I would recommend getting the MPEMS flashed which can be done through this site. It will give you added performance on its own and then you can add an impeller but really wouldn't need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. The flash and the impeller upgrade are the two best bets. Let me know what you need and we can get you all set up!

It is that worth it when you already have an HO 90hp?
Also I've read on Greenhulk that the impeller did make a difference even with the 90hp since the 60 and the 90hp share the same impeller.
The tune sounds nice but it is expensive.

It is that worth it when you already have an HO 90hp?
Also I've read on Greenhulk that the impeller did make a difference even with the 90hp since the 60 and the 90hp share the same impeller.
The tune sounds nice but it is expensive.

Top speed will actually decrease a little bit doing just the impeller. Power will increase. I recommend the tune and the impeller and you get the best of both.

To expand on impellers a bit. If you do nothing with the engine and put an impeller on it, you will gain on one end and lose on the other. For example, if you put a "faster" impeller on, you MAY gain 1 or 2 mph but you WILL lose low end and mid range performance. Put a better low end performance on the ski and you will gain in low and but WILL lose on the top end. So, in all but rare circumstance, just an impeller is normally not the answer. You really need to improve engine RPM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back