Best 6" marine speaker?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
reuse the splash covers then pack it with acoustic foam, this will project the sound back out. Don't of course do this for a sub which needs to rebound from inside the boat too.

reuse the splash covers then pack it with acoustic foam, this will project the sound back out. Don't of course do this for a sub which needs to rebound from inside the boat too.

ya, i didnt do this cause the JL that i used were for infinate baffle setups. If I used any other speaker tho, i suppose i would have. Good point Davo

Thanks, ordered the bazooka today.

I have some sound-proofing insulation, I'll try to put the splash covers & pack the insulation behind. Not sure how to hold that insulation against the speakers, but will try to figure something out.

At the end of the day, I can do one of them & then flip the balance back & forth to see if it makes a difference. I remember as a kid though, a friend packed his speaker boxes in insulation & it DID sound much better.

OK, as promised here are the pics.

Not that much to see, the alpine speakers match the seats & the bazooka marine sub woofer is in lying in the storage compartment on the left (the white tube). I had it mounted on the cage at first but it bounced around too much.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114328...key=Gv1sRgCKDyx_Hr1K26sgE#5762410365450346130

I need to remove the sub woofer occasionally to get to the engine. I did this with these plugs that were just a couple dollars at active surplus, so I can just disconnect it whenever needed.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114328...key=Gv1sRgCKDyx_Hr1K26sgE#5762410384843321666

The alpine head unit isn't shown, I got a small right-angled USB adaptor so that the splash guard can close with the USB stick attached. No amp other then the one built-in to the bazooka.

Total cost of the mod (so far) is only $460 including tax, so a low-budget stereo mod. Excellent sound, not super loud but NIGHT & DAY better then the stock set-up. Quite happy with it overall. An additional battery (deep-cycle) is next!

Attachments

• IMAG0211.jpg
    IMAG0211.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMAG0212.jpg
    IMAG0212.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I'm looking to upgrade my 97 Challenger with a decent sound system. The boat has the single 787 2-stroke engine, which has just a magneto to maintain the battery and fire the plugs. Do you guys think I could run a 400W amped system w/o frying the charging system? I plan on having two batteries, one for starting, and one isolated for the sound system. I plan on having a switch where I can connect the two and charge the audio one while I'm running, but disconnect it when I stop. Wouldn't want to gamble with my ride back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back