Bearing protector - Zieman trailer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

battscrew

I have an old 1998 Zieman trailer and the bearing protector (sleeve) etc is bigger than a standard 1.98 - can anyone help me with the size? I got the grease gun end stuck on the nipple and get get the damn thing off.

Just give it a tap with a light hammer or a mallot. You can get the bearing buddies replaced at most automotive supply stores like Auto Zone for cheap.
If it went on, it should come off. I'm a Draw Tite/ Reese/Rigid, hitch dealer.

Karl

Try using a pry bar with a rounded curve on the end and pry it off the fitting...it has to pop off...it pushed on. There is only a spring in the end of a grease gun fitting. As a last resort check the cost of a new end for the grease gun and a bearing buddy...than slam it off and see what happens if it isn't expensive to replace. At work my labor rate in the shop is $75.00 per hr. If the part is under $20.00 and it takes an hour to be easy on it, it's not worth the loss...do what is necessary to get it off and just replace it if it breaks.

Karl

Try to turn it with a pipe wrench. be carefull not to damage it. and then maybe you can tap and pull it off. :cheers: sorry I was thinking you could not get the bearing buddy off. I have had a grease gun stuck before but never that bad. I just pryed it off useing the grease gun in different angles, I thought it was going to break grease gun but it came off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got the darn thing off - I had bought a cheap pair of angled needle nose pliers for the snap ring and thought I would give it a try - got it!!!

Question is the nipple on the bearing buddy model1980 - different from the norm?

hey Battscrew - you the same guy from DigitalHomeCanada?

I ripped a grease zerk off my bearing buddy a couple of weeks ago trying to get a grease gun off of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back