Beaching a SeaDoo along a Rocky Shore?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Mosnowman

So where I camp is a lake with a very rocky shoreline. I was wondering if anyone on here has any ideas for some type of home made portable dock? I'm not comfortable leaving it floating with an anchor buddy, and would prefer to have it partially on the rock beach without damaging it. The water gets choppy as well and I am worried about it bashing along the shore if left entirely in the water. The boat ramp is miles away so I didn't want to trailor it.

Thoughts?

That looks sweet! So is the stand mostly under water right at the shoreline? If so I am assuming the Seadoo's weight holds it in place? If you could let me know more how it works I would really appreciate it! My Seadoo is big and heavy so I'm trying to think it through...thanks!

Depending on depth, I've seen them ten feet off shore or right on the beach at an angle. Your looking for that sweet spot where you have it just under the water and you need to rev the ski slightly to run it up on there. The ski is still floating enough that it does not over load it.

I took boards with me and built basically a wooden slide. I had two boards, the center was left gapped where the V of the hull would go. On each end I used 2 inch think boards to attach the long boards to. Built it using drywall screws once we got to the site. I slide the ski up the boards instead of the rocks and tied the ski off to a tree. Worked perfectly. When we left, I took it apart and used the boards for something else I built later on in life.

I have seen other use plastic barrels on each side of the ski with straps between the barrels. Faced it into the waves and anchored it off. Also worked well..

When I go to one part of our river which is all rock I use a dog tie out screw. $5 at Home Depot. I literally screw it through the gaps in the rocks and use a short piece of an old ski rope to tie off the ski. There is a fair amount of boat traffic with guys launching right there. That one that Matt posted is nice and for $140 shipped you can't miss.

My HX is tied out on it. This pic was at 5:30 PM during the week...the water is dead then but the weekends it's busier.

413.jpg

1.jpeg

Lol, yep. Now which ramp? Above the wing dam or below?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
Ooohh now we r getting ambitious but Im thinking below... its been a while but im already fairly satisfied with the current identification given the evidence presented lol.

Yes, below. Lol, can you tell I'm ready to get out there.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

IMG_20140719_154313.jpg
Used a PWC stand I built. I also have a super rocky shore at my local lake near the ramp.

When I go to one part of our river which is all rock I use a dog tie out screw. $5 at Home Depot. I literally screw it through the gaps in the rocks and use a short piece of an old ski rope to tie off the ski. There is a fair amount of boat traffic with guys launching right there. That one that Matt posted is nice and for $140 shipped you can't miss.

My HX is tied out on it. This pic was at 5:30 PM during the week...the water is dead then but the weekends it's busier.

413.jpg

1.jpeg

What a genius of an idea!!! I beached my spark this Sunday hate that.. Guess I'm going to Home Depot tonight...

Back