Beach Rental Musing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
I live close to the Gulf Coast Biloxi, MS and don't go to the beach much. My wife and I went yesterday and I said, "Let's rent a jet ski." She said No. I don't disagree. Renting skis at the beach just isn't a lot of fun ad not very interesting. You can only ride about 500 yards back and forth. The question did make me think about this; Peopel will buy a $15K ski to save $200 on a rental. :) then buy a place on the river or wherever to ride the skis you bought so they don't just sit and you get a return on your investment. :D Probably cheaper to throw down the cash and never have to do any work on the skis, insurance, ownership, towing, registrations.... etc.. I say this because a lot of skis just sit.

I talked to the rental guy hoping to get some information on the Yamahas he rented but he didn't know much. I was interested in how many hours the skis lasted without major work, if they sold them when summer was over, etc.... All I got was "at 50 hours we get the oil changed." Not a lot of info. I'm not a Yamaha fan but I know they make good skis. I like to find out information from the people that are actually using them than... hearsay. My quest is not yet complete. LOL

Last edited:
Back