Bbq

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody ever hooked on a Magma Marine Kettle Grill to the back of their Utopia or anywhere else on the boat for that matter? If so can i have some pictures of it... Don't know whether to put it on the back rail or what. All i know if i want this thing at the sandbar!

Thanks

dam thats a good idea but isnt it gonna move more around then clamping to the rail... the light pole would be the best though! wish it was stronger.. what do you think?

I dont know, I think I'd want to use it towards the bow as far from potential Gas fumes as possible.

I got a thought. At my helm, I made a special jig to fit perfectly into the cup holder and thats how I mount my GPS. I wonder if you could fabricate something similar in one of the bow cup holders?????

Craig

I got a thought. At my helm, I made a special jig to fit perfectly into the cup holder and thats how I mount my GPS. I wonder if you could fabricate something similar in one of the bow cup holders?????

Craig

Can i see a pic of your gps holder i was thinking the same thing for my garmin colorado.

So i Figured it out. Thank Craig. Im going to fabricate an aluminum insert to go inside my cup holder to hold the bbq. When im done bbq'ing I will just remove it. As soon as i Have it done, ill take some pictures and post it!

GPS mount for Cup Holder

Here's what I did for my GPS. I didnt want to drill anything on the helm and in addition, the cup holder area was the best location for the GPS so I made this simple mount. Its made of MDF and I shaved it so it fits perfectly in the cup holder. With the little strip of duck tape at the bottom I get a snug fit yet I can still rotate if needed.

Craig

Can i see a pic of your gps holder i was thinking the same thing for my garmin colorado.

Attachments

• IMG_0615.JPG
    IMG_0615.JPG
    697.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0619.JPG
    IMG_0619.JPG
    768 KB · Views: 22
Craig,
Just a little warning on the MDF. The sheet stock is hydroscopic so as soon as it gets wet it will beging to expand and expand. It could move enough in an afternoon to actually crack the glass around the hole! I would suggest a different material but at least seal the MDF as well as possible with some type of urathane.
Just an FYI, but it looks great!
Mike

Good suggestion Mike

Mike I totally agree with you on MDF. I did seal it as you can see with primer/sealer but this was more of an experiment that works. I'll eventually reproduce this in a material more appropriate like some sort of poly plastic of sort.

Craig

Craig,
Just a little warning on the MDF. The sheet stock is hydroscopic so as soon as it gets wet it will beging to expand and expand. It could move enough in an afternoon to actually crack the glass around the hole! I would suggest a different material but at least seal the MDF as well as possible with some type of urathane.
Just an FYI, but it looks great!
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back