Battery replacement for 2008 Seadoo Challenger 180 SE?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
My current battery is about 8 years old. It still starts but I am starting to notice it feels like it is struggling some times so I'm looking to replace my battery. I've been looking at Deka Marine Master batteries (made in PA,USA) as I've read they are a good brand? Would the Deka # 24M7 (CCA: 800 amps CA: 1000 amps DEKA BATTERY 24M7 - NATIONWIDE BATTERY ) be a good choice? I'm not sure if its over powered, under powered or just right. All the stereo stuff is still stock. I usually float around for an hour or so listening to the radio before starting it up to move onto another spot and keep the battery trickle charged in the basement during the winter. Any suggestions and information is appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
I bought a Group 24 Deep Cycle from Walmart. I don’t know if my logic is flawed, but I figured since a small PWC battery can start one of these engines then a large battery of any variety would be able to also.

If your battery is weak, you might want to check your magneto connectors. They sometimes overheat when the battery draws a lot of recharge current. IMG_7274.JPG

8 years old is pretty old in the boating world.

Put in a 2nd battery if you can...best decision I made. I think most new batteries are pretty similar as most of them are made by either Exide, East Penn or Johnson Controls. Have always heard that East Penn is the best, but could be heresay.

Autozone - Johnson Controls
Advanced Auto Parts - Johnson Controls
Oreilly Auto - East Penn
Menards - Exide
Wal Mart - Johnson Controls or Exide

I have a 2011 challenger 210 wake. After a few hours of tubing I was running across the water and the starboard side engine went into limp mode ( not exceeding 3500 RPM) code p2279 shows up. After finding no leaks. I have changed out the map sensor and throttle body. Still having the same issues. Will the CANDO help with this issue?

I have a 2011 challenger 210 wake. After a few hours of tubing I was running across the water and the starboard side engine went into limp mode ( not exceeding 3500 RPM) code p2279 shows up. After finding no leaks. I have changed out the map sensor and throttle body. Still having the same issues. Will the CANDO help with this issue?
I would recommend starting a new thread for this particular topic so you get more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back