Battery boost

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rsh1962

Premium Member
Premium Member
There is a tag on my ski that says "Do not boost battery when installed".
Does that mean don't jump start the ski, or do not charge the battery while it's hooked up? I want to leave a trickle charger on it all the time. Will that harm anything?

I think it means both. I think they are worried a charger/booster will give to high voltage that the mpem can't handle.

I myself use a small 2A maintainer. I figure at 2Amps, it can't be putting much voltage into the system. I have been doing this with 2 seadoos for a year now. I never have to worry about a non-fully charged battery no matter how long I walk away from the seadoo for.

I guess it's a 'Do at your own risk' scenario.

Boost means high amp as in a boost box or a car battery, for regular charging or trickle charging you should be ok, I usually just remove the ground cable just to be safe.

I have a 2001 GTI LE coming in next week , the guy left the lanyard on for a week which of course drained the battery, then he hooked a boost box to it and tried to jump it off, I am not completely sure because I haven't seen the ski yet but chances are better than good that he popped the diode inside the electrical module when he boosted the battery which means he will be buying an MPEM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boost means high amp as in a boost box or a car battery, for regular charging or trickle charging you should be ok, I usually just remove the ground cable just to be safe.

I have a 2001 GTI LE coming in next week , the guy left the lanyard on for a week which of course drained the battery, then he hooked a boost box to it and tried to jump it off, I am not completely sure because I haven't seen the ski yet but chances are better than good that he popped the diode inside the electrical module when he boosted the battery which means he will be buying an MPEM.

Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back