Bald eagles at lake houston

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I have since seen several eagles, three at one time even, a couple weeks ago while hiking our new "beaches". Water is so low that there is a 100-200 yard wide beach nearly all the way around. I have been walking and looking for "stuff" and two days in a row had eagles come out of the trees at me about 3 miles from my house.

I also still see them at Will Clayton Pkwy and Lake Houston Pkwy area, and south to my house, and all around the area. They call Lake Houston "Eagle Lake" as a nick-name. This must be why...

We do not have your national symbol as a Bald Eagle flying over here,
We have a Wedged Tail Eagle,Quite large as well.
When they 'wrestle" in the air they are actually doing the "oofty magoufty" in the air.You should keep an eye on them for offspring

i have seen several juvenile eagles around. Same size and shape, but with the mottled appearance I spoke of earlier in the thread.

I have heard conflicting reports about if the wrestling is mating or just playing. I guess it depends on which birds are doing it (ie. two juvenile males or an adult male-female pair).

Hello Everyone
It's been a while... I couldn't remember my password
I was trying to see the eagle nests along the San Jacinto river 2 days ago but I couldn't tell which tower it was on. there is acouple in the area.
R

Got a chance today to watch a bald eagle come down a snatch up a fish on the north end of Lake Livingston. The white head and talons stuck out. I think they have a nest about midway to the tip of Onalaska on the east side. That is the first time I have seen them. Might have been two of them couldn't see the second one well enough to tell.

Rabid, funny you should post this today. We just got home from Lake Houston, and for the first time ever, watched an eagle snatch a fish out of the water about 25 yards off the side of our boat.

We were parked at the beach, with the radio blasting, and it still got brave enough to get close and snatch a fish.

We watched one a few weeks back attack a small duck over and over. Got that on video, as the duck kept going under water and swimming over a few yards, then the eagle would go back up and hover a bit, and go down for the duck when it came back up. Did this about 6 times, then went after a seagull.

Back