B0351 Error 07 GTX 4TEC

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GregM64

I was wondering if anyone can give me some help. 07 GTX 4TEC that will run for about 30 minutes then starts cutting out/dies. I have replaced the the ignition coils & when you fire it up she will run for about 30 minutes give or take & then start cutting out thus giving me the Error B0351. Not sure what else to look at, all grounds seem to be clean & tight. Help!!

When were the plugs changed? Check the wiring from the MPEM to the suspect coil and from the ECU to the coil for shorts to ground. If the wiring checks good, try a new ECU.

I have replaced the plugs & checked all ground connections. It looks like I might have to try a new ECU. Thanks for the reply,

How exactly did you check the coil ground connections? The coils are connected to ground by the ECU.

You need to perform wire resistance and continuity checks on all coil circuits ... not just "checking the grounds". With the electrical connection disconnected from the coil, and the opposite end disconnected from the MPEM (12VDC +), check each pin for a short to ground. If you have continuity, you need to repair the wiring. Keep in mind electrical resistance increases with heat; if you purchased some off-brand coils to save money, they may be malfunctioning when they get hot.

Thank you for your response much appreciated, know one had given me this suggestion & I was going to take it on down to shop but really didn't want to. And yes, at first I did purchase after market coils & they were all bad. Purchased all OEM & they are good other than this issue. Thanks for giving me a starting point

Also try swapping the coils from Cylinder 3 to 1 to see if the fault stays with the coil or the cylinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back