Auto bilge and thru rear grab handle exit

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GGuillot

During my resto I installed an Auto bilge by Rule, has the auto/manual over ride option. I wanted the exit as high as I could get it in the ski. (1997' GTX) I didn't like the idea of cutting a 3/4" hole in the rear of the ski, so I made small cut at the very top to squeeze two 3/8" lines through and route them with blk anodized fittings on the grab handle. From the pump, the water line is 3/4" to a Y that splits off and routes up the sides with 3/8" lines out the ski. In the glove box, I wired the auto switch and a momentary button next to it for manual over ride. Wired it up neatly and secured the wires up high going forward, and put a 2A fuse on each wire at the switches.

Total piece of mind to keep me from sinking, about $95 total, half for the pump, rest for water lines and fittings. I did retain both bailers, though it's tight where the pump is.

With plugs in, I put a garden hose in the bottom of ski and turned on the water fully, the pump almost keeps up with water coming out the hose. The two 3/8" lines flow straight out the back and shoot several feet behind the ski. I flip the auto switch on when launching at the dock and forget about it.. Attached a few pics to show install..

Attachments

• P8100252.JPG
    P8100252.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 82
  • P8100251.JPG
    P8100251.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 81
  • P8100249.JPG
    P8100249.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 83
  • P8100250.JPG
    P8100250.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 82
  • P8100253.JPG
    P8100253.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Very nice setup. I like how you hid the outlets and the override switch!

I cant see to well but what are the adaptors or whatever that you have attached to your battery to enable the cables to be attached to the side?

Very nice setup. I like how you hid the outlets and the override switch!

I cant see to well but what are the adaptors or whatever that you have attached to your battery to enable the cables to be attached to the side?

I used those small white squares that you run a wire tie through, similar to ones you see in the ski. They have double side tape on them, but they don't stick well to the fiberglass, so I cleaned it off and applied a little epoxy product like JB weld. That's the battery vent line you see tied to the wires going forward.

Attachments

• P8220263.JPG
    P8220263.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 41
  • P8220266.JPG
    P8220266.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 41
During my resto I installed an Auto bilge by Rule, has the auto/manual over ride option. I wanted the exit as high as I could get it in the ski. (1997' GTX) I didn't like the idea of cutting a 3/4" hole in the rear of the ski, so I made small cut at the very top to squeeze two 3/8" lines through and route them with blk anodized fittings on the grab handle. From the pump, the water line is 3/4" to a Y that splits off and routes up the sides with 3/8" lines out the ski. In the glove box, I wired the auto switch and a momentary button next to it for manual over ride. Wired it up neatly and secured the wires up high going forward, and put a 2A fuse on each wire at the switches.

Total piece of mind to keep me from sinking, about $95 total, half for the pump, rest for water lines and fittings. I did retain both bailers, though it's tight where the pump is.

With plugs in, I put a garden hose in the bottom of ski and turned on the water fully, the pump almost keeps up with water coming out the hose. The two 3/8" lines flow straight out the back and shoot several feet behind the ski. I flip the auto switch on when launching at the dock and forget about it.. Attached a few pics to show install..

You did an impeccable job! I wonder why Sea-Doo doesn't incorporate something like this on all their newer models. Seems like a real competitive advantage.

I have a 2013 Wake Pro that continually has "residual water" (about a quart) in the bilge after riding . I have repeatedly looked for the cause. No hose leaks, etc. and my only assumption is that it is from the backwash hitting the access panels in the stern. The design of the wrap around trim really creates quite the backwash when cruising. I've tried tightening the covers with no success. I may look at installing your concept to help keep the bilge dry. (I'm overly possessed with a clean and dry bilge!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back