At what point is it just not worth it to fix?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfrenchws6

Hey everybody!

Hope you all have had a good season. Mine has been up and down.

Right before a big trip I took my 95 GTS to the river to make sure it was good to go out of storage. I forgot to remove a clamp, overheated the exhaust, blew a hose and flooded it. I got some parts quick from Nick and somehow managed to get it done before the trip. It ran OK but since then it's been having some issues. Mainly starting. Plugs foul quickly but once it's running, it runs good. After having another trip with it canceled, I haven't touched it in a few months.

I plan on compression testing it to make sure the cylinders are ok and probably should rebuild the carbs.

So if I find something bad with the compression test, is this thing worth fixing? I mean it's a 21 year old machine, the "bottom of the barrel" model for 1995. It's in decent shape (for 21 years old) but should I really dump hundreds of dollars into a rebuild for a ski this old? If the engine is hurt, I would think it would be smart to overhaul the pump also since it's never been done. I've had fun with this it but I'm growing tired of my riding spots and there are not many others close to me that I would feel comfortable taking it.

What do you guys think? What's your cutoff for fixing these old 2 strokes?

IMG_20160612_160655849.jpg
Pic of the hose that failed. The pipes on either side of it should be purple. That's how hot it got. I'm such a moron.

Holy Smoke.

I have the same ski with the hump seat. Mine a got for a song with a trailer. The person who had mine did the same thing, but not as bad. My cylinders are brownish color instead of white, but I still have 145 in both cylinders.

I have used it, and it needs some help in the looks part (keep me in mind if you part it).

Those 587 engines are bullet proof. It is a simple ski to learn and work on.

I have had mine for 2 seasons, and my daughter cut her teeth on this ski, and is hooked. I need to get a learning key programmed for my 951 gtx, so she does not do 50 plus.

wow. how come that coupler.hose looks like its got that motorcycle pipe exhaust tape around it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back