Anyone name their boat?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyboyZR1

We just picked up a '12 Challenger 210 and the wife wants to know if we can name the boat. A large majority of boats on our lake have names on the rear. I'm just not sure if there's room on the back of the boat for the letters. I could maybe remove the "challenger" decal on the back and place it there, or on the gel-coat portion of the boat in back. Curious what some of you have done, or maybe just go nameless?

Names are kind of fun, we have not named ours... If you do I would not use a name to draw attention to your boat when it comes to the DNR or sheriff. Just my opinion!

We named ours. She's called "Playin' Hookie" because wifey and I are off different days of the week. The only way we get to enjoy the boat together is when one of us is playing hookie from work.

Each word is on the back of the transat seats.

Betty, Sheila and a new addition Veronica.... I might be a little to attached to my craft.... you could put a smaller name on the side? More like a signature rather than a name tag?

We named ours. She's called "Playin' Hookie" because wifey and I are off different days of the week. The only way we get to enjoy the boat together is when one of us is playing hookie from work.

Each word is on the back of the transat seats.

Awesome! Could you post a pic of this sometime? Curious how it looks on the back of the transat seats.

We just picked up a '12 Challenger 210 and the wife wants to know if we can name the boat. A large majority of boats on our lake have names on the rear. I'm just not sure if there's room on the back of the boat for the letters. I could maybe remove the "challenger" decal on the back and place it there, or on the gel-coat portion of the boat in back. Curious what some of you have done, or maybe just go nameless?

In as much as I am one of the oldest members:

Attachments

• 13612403_10207095071558369_1495136993310845324_n.jpg
    13612403_10207095071558369_1495136993310845324_n.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 43
I haven't lettered the boat yet, but when I do, it will be named "Wet 'Vette." Story behind that... all of our friends were getting pontoon/deck boats so their kids would have play room. My wife and I don't have kids, so we equated the pontoons to a station wagon or mini-van. Obviously, we bought a sports car...hence the name "Wet 'Vette!" :)

Only some people will get the reference, and I love it when someone comes up to me and says “that’s awesome, I love the name of your boat”.

Attachments

• D65F77F0-8D7C-4D21-A31D-D04CFE097D03.jpeg
    D65F77F0-8D7C-4D21-A31D-D04CFE097D03.jpeg
    731.7 KB · Views: 22
We accepted the name added to our recently purchased vessel. I was planning to remove it, but eventually liked the scripting, etc.
Not sure what it signifies, but i thought 20180616_182154.jpgwhat does it really matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back