anyone from NE ohio or NW

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I used to do the trip on my gtx but look forward to doing it in the challenger and being able to stay out after dark, I have the garmin 76 gps to help in the blinding sun, even with the boat it should still be faster than driving.

Being from the area, I have two 2006 RXP that I need to have worked on. You do not happen to know of any good seadoo mechanics in the area do you

Thanks

Denis

Cleveland Ohio

Yeah Cleveland Poweresports over on Engle Rd. in BrookPark / Cleve. is decent

Ha yeah. I think im gonna throw it in the water down at emerald necklace this weekend and let it idle a bit in water.

I dunno if I'm missing something, but if you really mean just to let it idle, hope you know there is a garden hose fitting near the pump to hook up to to let it run..

I dunno if I'm missing something, but if you really mean just to let it idle, hope you know there is a garden hose fitting near the pump to hook up to to let it run..

hahah OMG really?!?!

LOL no I just bought the ski and i am dying to see and hear it in the damn water!!!

Dipping in and checking for warmth of the cooling hoses fuel/oil/water leaks and the charging system can be done very easy this way, just lift the throttle a bit to get all the juices flowing, take a compression check and write it somewhere, mark the oil tank and use 5 gallons premix to give you time to observe the drinking, once you know it will take oil just add gas and go.

wow definitely went out on the lake today, or at least tried to. He just bought a 02' gtx di. We got stopped after a 10 minute ride up-river at the mouth of the CYC by coast guard....they turned us around because my buddy didnt have his fire extinguisher on his ski...probably for the best it was way cold.

Anyone been out this year yet?

so has anyone been out yet? i have a few times so far this year....we all need to get together and have a meet someplace...

so has anyone been out yet? i have a few times so far this year....we all need to get together and have a meet someplace...

yeah did u see my post above yours?? haha we almost made it out!! Damn Coast Guard!!

I agree. I typically will be launching out of Rocky River/CYC but will def make a drive wherever. 12 of us got a house at put-in-bay for the week of 4th of July and prob 5 of us will have our skis beached at the house. Should be fun fun fun.

Visit Boat us dot com and go thru the safety equipment requirements, I see people getting 150-200 fines often at the islands - do it safely.

Visit Boat us dot com and go thru the safety equipment requirements, I see people getting 150-200 fines often at the islands - do it safely.

Oh I am ogod to go on safety. My buddy wasn't prepared!

Anyways we skipped out of work early on Friday and went out for a couple hours. It was 80 and water surface temp was high 50's. It was awesome!!

Only problem was my ski has some issued. Either the carbs are gummed up or the fuel baffle has some clogging. It would take off then die over and over. I have the carbs off now but I am too scared to take them apart!!!

Anyone local want to make some easy money cleaning my carbs for me????

haha come join me i am in same boat, had them out fri, one ski is having some issue, got the carbs off last night and half the fuel lines replaced, time to tear down the carbs tonight and finish the fuel lines

Rgiana, just follow the supply line and open the carb to see the tiny baskets, pull them out and the trash can be cleaned easily, add a clear lawn mower type filter to observe any more steel gas can trash, once you know all the crummy gas is gone you can ride on the water seperator below the handlebars. Seadoo Snipe has a good posting about the carbs but yours may have the shafts inline with the hull - those are a little harder to get balanced, my duaghters boyfriend had a polaris with 3 carbs - what a pain to balance out these.

how was the trip to canada on the GTX? how was it once you got about 10mils out lol... i want to try it this summer, where did you ride to in CA?

Beamens poiint is the eastern most public dock, where I meet a friend she brings her trailer down to carry me out to stay a few days or more as our schedule allows. Hard to make it back when visiting folks after church and riding into the breeze, 3 more gallons of gas from the glove box, adding hydrogen did not help the economy enough to make it on the tank alone, so the boat is the better way to go for me.

Jet Boat Wanted!!

Hey guys anyone know anyone selling any Sea Doo Jet boats....I live in Sandusky and have been looking for a while now....Im looking for an 18ft model....thanks to anyone who can help

You just have to shop for the one you want, be sure to water test anything and if a 2stroke be sure the grey gas lines are gone and that you get a bottle of the oil used so you do not mix oil types and make oil gel causing burnout.

Rgiana25,
I live near you. Just bought a 2010 and 2009 (RXT X, and GTX models).

I will be looking to ride soon, send me a message, would be nice to hook up with others.

I have been launching from Martian Luther Kink Park just east of Cleveland downtown..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back