another newbie question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickbettschen

i've been watching lots of videos and reading stuff. But don't get a straight answer...

what i want to know do i need to do a system flush after every ride? i'm only riding in lakes (mostly lake ontario) and beside that what other post ride care should i be doing?

thanks lots!

no but i run the seadoo for 30 seconds on the trailer after everytime i pull it out of the lake , helps get any extra water out .

System flush after every ride? Salt Water rider- DEFINATELY, Clean Fresh water rider - not necessary.

Drain the hull after every ride...IF you pull her out on a trailer....and clean the inside with fresh water spritz (if a salt water runner), then run on the trailer for a little bit to dry things up, leave seats/lids off to air out (if at all possible/practical).

If you are not running in salt water or very silty water you should not have to do a system flush after a ride. I have pulled a few motors apart and found large areas of the water jacket in the head and cylinders packed with silt from some of the rivers we have in our area, these motors had over heat problems.

Run it for a few seconds on the trailer after pulling it out of the water to clear out the exhaust, use a little throttle but do not over rev to the rev limiter, don't let the engine rev without a load for more than 10 seconds or so.

Fog the motor as outlined in the owners manual if you want to be extra cautious. Remember that hull can get water in it and not all will drain out. If you leave the machine in the hot sun then inside the hull turns into a greenhouse and that sitting water makes a lot of humidity. That humidity can work it's way into the motor and cause rust. Not many people fog after every ride because it causes a lot of smoke on the next start up. I don't because I always park my DOOs inside with the seats off.

If parking for an extended time it doesn't hurt to unhook a battery lead and put a battery tender on just to keep a good charge ready.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back