Another melt thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

300lbsgorilla

So bought two 2005 SeaDoo 3d skis used. Ran great on the hose. Took them home. Got them on the lake and 10 min they both had melted t fittings. The skis always had the tell squirting water.

Looked like the fittings were replaced before with fittings from home depot. So they knew when they sold it it had problems. Looked at other threads and the t fitting is plastic anyway so not sure if this is a bad thing or not. Don't know what material it was originally. Can replace with aluminum or stainless but if it is just going to push something else down the line to melt that is no good either.

One ski, I found a block in the feed line to the water jacket to the tuned pipe. Got it open and moving water great. All other lines are clear. Have not put it on the water yet to see.

Second ski seems to have all the lines open didn't find any blockages. But I did find the there is a small water leak where the magnito comes the the block. Looks like a gasket is leaking from the water cooled magnito. It is a small leak. Don't think this is enough to take cooling water away from the pipe as it enters the pipe before that part. Looks like a pita to fix as I can't see how to fix it without pulling the motor. Doubt it leaks fast enough the bilge can't keep up.

What if anything am I missing? What else do I need to check? These seems fun and run fantastic. Just can't deal with the melt in 10 min of running.

So I managed to get one running without melt. It was the one that had a definite blockage that I opened up. The other has no blockage in any of the hoses or fittings. Yet it still melts the exhaust. At the t fitting. Any other things to look for or places to check? I read somewhere it may be the impeller going out but it has a decent hole shot and good top end. No noticeable cavitation.

Appreciate any thoughts on what to try next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back