Anchoring Speedster Wake Seats

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone.

I just picked up my first ever boat last weekend. 06 Speedster Wake 430 for what I feel was an amazing price (if an engine doesn't blow up on me next year).

I was just curious to know if anyone has done any modifications to anchor the seats down versus using the button/straps. This is a horrendous design if you ask me. How would the manufacturer expect vinyl straps with metal buttons hold up over time given the environment they are used in? My buddy's Seadoo X20 has hinges, which is how I thought this boat would be designed, but why stick with something that works?

The previous owner of my boat had all of the interior reupholstered, but the straps weren't done. Needless to say on my way home from picking up the boat, one of the rear seats came out of the boat, landed on the highway and got pretty nicked up in the process. The only positive to this story is that an amazing looking blonde basically ran into the highway behind me to retrieve it. She then drove up to me where I was running down the highway. She was a mid 20's version of Sarah Chalke. I had to do a double take when she got out of her car. Anywho, what were we talking about?

Sarah Ch......ohh yeah. The seats! Additionally, when I took it out on the lake, the front seats were all over the place.

I have a couple ideas as to what I can do, but if someone has already done the thinking already, I am always open to stealing ideas.

BTW, I am aware of the following so far:
Don't run water without motor running.
Don't run engine for more than 2 mins out of water
Supercharger rebuilds and the ceramic washer garbage
Hollow valves. Still waiting for a halfway warm day to pull valve covers and check that issue.

Good to be here.

Boat engines are always a year behind. So your 06 boat has an 05 engine. You will have the Sodium Filled valves unless someone before you swapped them.

Boat engines are always a year behind. So your 06 boat has an 05 engine. You will have the Sodium Filled valves unless someone before you swapped them.

My hope is that one of the two previous owners had them swapped. Unfortunately, I can't take anybody's word for it, because the guy I bought the boat from said he had the superchargers rebuilt in the spring for $100. Unless the rebuilt kits were stolen, I don't think that is financially possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back