anchor storage

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarrett151

Hi
Recently bought a new 2019 gtx 230
i have a steel 10lbs anchor and wondering how to store it on my seadoo with out bouncing around in the front storage area and damaging the storage area or other items

A 10 lb anchor seems like overkill for a PWC. You can get a folding Grapnel anchor that comes in a bag on Amazon for about 25 bucks. Been using it for years and works great with no issues. Weighs about 3.5 lbs

A 10 lb anchor seems like overkill for a PWC. You can get a folding Grapnel anchor that comes in a bag on Amazon for about 25 bucks. Been using it for years and works great with no issues. Weighs about 3.5 lbs
It’s an anchor that was laying around the garage figured I’d put it to use until I get a better suited anchor

a 10 lb anchor seems excessive but regardless, a padded bag would do the trick, bungeed down as best you can figure.

Let me repeat what I always say. A light Sea-Doo anchor is sufficient when there is no wind at all but in waves, wind or chop, it may not do the job. One advice I was told from a guy in the Navy and that works very well (they do that for larger ships he said):

1. Buy the anchor and cut the cheap rope.
2. Attach 8 feet of some medium chain to the anchor (about the same length of your ski).
3. At the end of your chain, attach another 8 feet of marine sinking rope.
4. Put a marine hook at the end of the rope.

This will ensure 99% of the time that your ski won't move from where it's anchored in about 3 feet of water or less.

Worked very well for me for years and we have strong winds here. As for the storage compartment part of your question, I have a large rag at the bottom of my compartment and the anchor sits on it. Absorbs water and prevents scratching. Just squeeze the rag once in a while.

We use the Hardline Anchor Bags
download.jpg

The fold up to nothing. I have seen too many storage bins broken to pieces from metal anchors bouncing around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back