Amp mpem connectors

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekanix

Premium Member
Premium Member
Seems everything after 97 has AMP connectors for the mpems. What is the part number of this square connector and what is the part number of the matting J side connector they use on the mpem.

I want t to build a test harness using a 96 mpem setup but keep the original 97 xp harness. Or I might just make my own plug and play harness without the connectors altogether.

Well couldn't find it after all. So I ripped apart a junk mpem and stole the connectors. Now im transfering all the parts fron a 96 xp to make a custom drop in harness so I don't have to modify the stock harness. And since I have two spare sets of 96 parts that was the cheapest and most replaceable option.
Here's the start if the jumper harness.

Attachments

• 20180405_024958.jpg
    20180405_024958.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 33
Does anyone know of an correct 97 xp wiring diagram??
The one in the 97 manual has so many mistakes it isn't funny.

What pins so the start/stop switch go to ?
Manual Says:
1 and that's it.. as in someone forgot to add the freaking pin it goes to
And the other says:
1-21 or plug 1 pin 21.

Now looking at all other models that year with the same mpem style with plugs, I've extrapolated that it's pins 1-21 &1-23 but I'm not certain !!

And fyi to anyone that is looking at this diagram if you see something like 1-20 (a)
And somewhere else you see 2-5 (a)
That means that (a) is connected to (a) inside the mpem just like a jumper.
It's a good way to navigate and figure out how the internals are cross connected.

This is how I'm building my jumper harness.

Nice work. Man your a thinker. I usually do work like this one wire at a time by color. I have a 96 grey box in my 97XP.

Thanks Matt. I really enjoy doing this stuff. I also have a 96 box for quick work. As in plug into engine and black box and press start. It's all self contained with switches and dess post FOR quick troubleshooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back