aftermarket coil pack

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

witchy woman

I've got a bad coil pack in one of my 2006 gti's. Is there an aftermarket or cross-reference coil pack available other than the Denso OEM? Nothing against Denso, just can't get them local. Only online.

Running rough even with new spark plugs. Smell unburned gas in the exhaust. I have two identical boats, so I swapped all 3 coils from one to the other and the problem transferred. I tested them on the ohm meter and they all tested good, but one was clearly causing a problem. With the engine running, I disconnected each one, one at a time and the engine stalled with two of them, but the middle one disconnected made little difference. That one was bad. I found 3 used ones on Ebay and fixed the problem.

Running rough even with new spark plugs. Smell unburned gas in the exhaust. I have two identical boats, so I swapped all 3 coils from one to the other and the problem transferred. I tested them on the ohm meter and they all tested good, but one was clearly causing a problem. With the engine running, I disconnected each one, one at a time and the engine stalled with two of them, but the middle one disconnected made little difference. That one was bad. I found 3 used ones on Ebay and fixed the problem.

Ah okay thanks. Was there any sense of it failing or was it just all of the sudden?

I have had slowly diminishing performance on my rotax boat and recently saw a code of coil pack 2 arcing so I am replacing that one

It was all of a sudden. I've found out the hard way that for me, it's best to replace the spark plugs at the start of the season. I did that and when I dunked the boats for the first time, this one ran rough. I've had new plugs go bad quicker than they should, so I put another set in that boat and it didn't help. I read somewhere that failing plugs can cause the coils to fail prematurely as well. Too much resistance in the plugs. Guess that makes sense. My boats are 15 years old, so I guess it's time for other stuff to wear out as well. They've both been great running boats though. Very few problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back