Added a cup tap water to my coolant system to top up as it was low. Should I flush and put fresh coolant in or roll with it? 2007 RXT.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbarron

Regrettably added a cup tap water to my coolant system to top up as it was low. Instantly realized this was a poor decision. Just wondering if I should flush the system and put fresh coolant in before going for another ride or if I will be ok since it was such a small amount.

Cheers.

According to the owners manual, " Cooling system must be filled with water and antifreeze solution (50% demineralized water, 50% antifreeze). BRP sells premixed coolant with freezing protection up to -37°C (-35°F) (P/N 293 600 038). To prevent antifreeze deterioration, always use the same brand. Never mix different brands unless cooling system is completely flushed and refilled. Refer to an authorized Sea-Doo dealer. "

Also states to use a coolant containing corrosion inhibitors for internal combustion aluminum engines.

My concern is the tap water may "contaminate" the coolant...maybe I'm being too cautious?

There are 5 qts of coolant in the system thus, there are 20 cups (160 ounces). You stated you added 1 cup (8 ounces) of tap water, so only 5% of your coolant is tap water.

I wouldn't let it stop me from riding, but would eventually (sooner than better) replace all of it.

The one cup of water wouldn't do much so don't worry about that, however you're supposed to change the coolant every few years anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back