A bad night

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

emtmike

So I have been out of action for the past month and will be until at least another 2 months. I was on my way home from work at about 8pm. I was riding my Suzuki GSXR 600. Nice night. Out of the corner of my eye I see it. The head of a very large deer. It came up from the ditch through the tall grass. I never had a chance. The next thing I remember is sitting it the middle of the road with the wind knocked out of me trying to get my helmet off. I am a EMT so I knew there was something wrong. I could not breath and my chest hurt. I knew I also had a problem with my shoulder. I remember hearing the sirens from fire and ambulance coming and there was a very nice lady that stayed with me until they got there. Turns out the medic is a good friend. I told him where I hurt and they loaded me and made it for the trauma center. 9 busted ribs on my right side, Pneumothorax on the right and a Fu'ed up right shoulder. Check out the pics.

Attachments

• 08-10-09 2;20;32 PM.jpg
    08-10-09 2;20;32 PM.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 08-10-09 4;27;05 PM.jpg
    08-10-09 4;27;05 PM.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 21
DAMN, man. Sorry to hear about that. But at least you are alive to type about it.

Witnessed a death and 4 serious injuries on Saturday. 4 Harleys riding in formation, front one lost a chain, they think, and went down taking all 4 of them down on the freeway.

Of course, no helmets, and girl on the back of the first bike didn't make it.

I rode a bike for years, and gave up when I realized that WHEN I go down, it won't be from any fault of mine, but will be someone (or something) else screwing up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back