99 Speedster SK

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you call the dealer? They re released them for the speedster, possibly they did the same for the sk. If not post a pic and I'll compare it to the non sk speedster.

The part number is 270500390

Did you call the dealer? They re released them for the speedster, possibly they did the same for the sk. If not post a pic and I'll compare it to the non sk speedster.

The part number is 270500390
Discontinued Part from SeaDoo and Dealer says "good luck"

Ok, how about the second part of my post? Post a pic and I'll compare it to mine.

Here's mine, you might just need to reroute your fuel line
656950bc7f72245fc0ace2620b622f98.jpg

If the pump is not the same as racerxxx’s, my next call would be to Westside Powersports to see if they’ve got a good used one... They’re more likely than anyone to have one on the shelf...

You do not want a used fuel pump. They don't make a rebuild kit for these.

I’d agree 100%. I just don’t know what other options are out there without reengineering the fuel system. Hopefully there’s a solution out there that doesn’t involve trying to make an aftermarket pump and regulator setup work...

There is, I want to see if this works first. The other one I don't like to much so I didn't suggest it right of the bat. This is definitely more expensive, but it's cleaner and safer in my eyes.

I swapped the fuel pump with the other one. Unfortunately it looks like a carb issue. So is there a rebuild kit for BN-40-38-51? How long does it take to pull it, rebuild it and "tune it"?

thanks,

mk-bn38/44 spr

That's the rebuild kit part number. Do not use the springs, use your old ones. You also need new needle and seats with a viton tip. I think you need 1.2 for the 720's. Make sure you get genuine mikuni kits. Do not use aftermarket kits or needles and seats.

If you're careful, you can disconnect the throttle linkage and probably not have to adjust your idle. There are 2 screws that hold it onto the MAG (front) carb. Remove those and carefully remove the cables. Yes, it's tough but it's less set up on the back side of the project. Hopefully the mounting screws come out easily, if not it's gonna suck.

I remove the engine cover to work on it. Then you can kinda lay on the swim deck. Open the engine cover, wedge a towel in the gap under the cover, I think yours has a grab handle? If so slide the towel to the center, make sure it's tight, it will give you support. Then, locate the hinges. Some guys say they remove the pins from the hinge, mine are not removable. Take a pencil, trace around the hinge on the boat side. Remove the outer 2 screws on both hinges, use plenty of WD-40 while removing the screws, you can't use to much, you don't want to break one. Then on the lift struts there is a clip at the end, it's what holds the end from popping of the ball stud. Take a little screw driver and pop that clip out a little bit, not all the way off. With a helper holding that side, repeat the process, then finally remove the last 2 screws in the hinges. Then remove the engine cover. I'ma bigger guy, I can do this solo, non sk boat, I think your cover might be different?. This is the only way to do this job on my opinion. I refuse to hang upside down.

mk-bn38/44 spr

That's the rebuild kit part number. Do not use the springs, use your old ones. You also need new needle and seats with a viton tip. I think you need 1.2 for the 720's. Make sure you get genuine mikuni kits. Do not use aftermarket kits or needles and seats.

If you're careful, you can disconnect the throttle linkage and probably not have to adjust your idle. There are 2 screws that hold it onto the MAG (front) carb. Remove those and carefully remove the cables. Yes, it's tough but it's less set up on the back side of the project. Hopefully the mounting screws come out easily, if not it's gonna suck.

I remove the engine cover to work on it. Then you can kinda lay on the swim deck. Open the engine cover, wedge a towel in the gap under the cover, I think yours has a grab handle? If so slide the towel to the center, make sure it's tight, it will give you support. Then, locate the hinges. Some guys say they remove the pins from the hinge, mine are not removable. Take a pencil, trace around the hinge on the boat side. Remove the outer 2 screws on both hinges, use plenty of WD-40 while removing the screws, you can't use to much, you don't want to break one. Then on the lift struts there is a clip at the end, it's what holds the end from popping of the ball stud. Take a little screw driver and pop that clip out a little bit, not all the way off. With a helper holding that side, repeat the process, then finally remove the last 2 screws in the hinges. Then remove the engine cover. I'ma bigger guy, I can do this solo, non sk boat, I think your cover might be different?. This is the only way to do this job on my opinion. I refuse to hang upside down.
Are the needle points seperate?

Oh, you'll need to do all 4.
I can't thank you enough for your help. I have three days before the grand kids show up so I an trying to stack the deck in my favor. If I might need it I want to order it tonight if possible. Does Mikuni supply the needles and seats?

Yes, I'm almost certain you need the 1.2 needles. Ugh, you're killing me on the timeline, lol. I just forget off the top of my head and I'm out right now.

Ok. Might be. I'd pull the carbs and check for sure. If you pull the seat you can polish the brass as use an eye loop or your cell phone to see the number stamped in the base. I polish the base with 0000 steel wool.

Dont waste time I had same problems was told rebuild carbs replace spark plugs replace fuel filter ! Finallt replace fuel PUMP and it ran like a RAPED APE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Replace the fuel PUMP!!!!

I have two fuel pumps in the boat already switched them. Problem stayed with this engine. Rebuilt carb today and still have the same starving issue. Replaced the vapor line with new fuel line. Running out of ideas on why it's starving.

Okay have the carb put back together and install. I started to take it out on the lake and try and start it. Two things happened, one my boat sucked up a bunch of weeds (man overboard to fix that) 2nd is that the engine with the rebuilt carb woudn't fire. I don't know how long it takes to get fuel "going again but I tried for about 5 minutes with the other engine running. I was going back in (didn't want to wear out the starter) and I couldn't get the shifter out of forward to neutral!!! So I can move the shifter slightly if I put the throttles all the way back to idle it moves out of forward a little. I can't get it to move to neutral anymore. Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back