99 Seadoo Challenger 1800 no spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pjoro

Recently bought a 99 Seadoo Challenger 1800 twin 787 engines. I'm getting no spark. When I pin out the ignition coil wire(White) I'm showing 60 volt. I've changed it ignition coil still no change. 60 volts is while cranking when I stop cranking the voltage will slowly fall over a minute. I'm showing approximately 400 RPM on the tachometer. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm still fairly new to the twin 787s but i know they are notorious for MPEM issues, you may try reading some threads about them to see what you can figure out.

I'm still fairly new to the twin 787s but i know they are notorious for MPEM issues, you may try reading some threads about them to see what you can figure out.
I just made a jump pigtail for the Mag 6 pin connector. The stator ohms in spec and produces around 7Vac while cranking. The trigger ohms 250. And produces around .300mVac.
I have rechecked all fuses and the black and green ground wire from the harness above the battery. They are both connected to the negative terminal.
The battery is new with fresh charge.

I agree it might be the Mpem but at 1,000+ I need to be sure.

There are write ups about using two sperate mpems and having two dess posts. There is also a guy on here that used two msd ignitions and made them work.

There are write ups about using two sperate mpems and having two dess posts. There is also a guy on here that used two msd ignitions and made them work.
I forgot to say, I get no beeps when lanyard is connected. Its a new beeper. Even when I try to put it into advanced diagnostic mode 0 beeps. The only way I have gotten it to beep is with shorting the temp sensor to ground. Even putting it in fwd or rvs no beeps. The
All gauges turn on and engine cranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back