99 Challenger issues and questions.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rbnice1

So last year I bought this boat and had a issue. After cleaning rave valves both engines cold started and ran great but after you turned them off 1 engine would flood making restart a pita. You give it full throttle and crank for 20 seconds or so and it would eventually start.

I rebuilt all the carbs with OSDparts and now the engine that ran fine is loading up at idle. Runs fine unless you go to no throttle for a little while. And the engine that flooded after shut down is still flooding. So I have no idea where to go now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok after reading more it might be lean? At idle the rpm's start to drop down to 1000 from 1500 and then eventually dies if I give it throttle it dies. Seems I might need to just adjust the low speed screw.

If you rebuilt the carbs and verified every passage is 100% clear you should be able to his stock specs on the LS and HS and it should just run. I've never had to "adjust" the LS or HS after a rebuild when set to stock specs. Did you replace the needle and seat?

I would recommend testing pop off, this will not only tell you where it pops off but it will also tell you if you have an internal carburetor leak. I just had one that was leaking fuel into the cylinder and it turned out to be a flattened o ring. Also, were the carb kits genuine Mikuni? If not, it is HIGHLY recommended that they are. I hope this helps some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back