98 XP and 96 GTX will not start!!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizbo06

I have a 98 xpl that will not start or even turn over now. It only ran for a short time last year then I had to leave for the Marine Corps. When it did run it made a clunking sound while trying to turn over then never did last year. I got a new battery last week, now it doesnt do anything. Replaced the wires and MPEM and doesnt work. The red oil light lights up and bilge pump turns on for a little while then nothing. It got flooded last year, and got a used trim, which doesnt even work now like almost everything else in the ski. The bilge can be turned on without even having the key on the ski. The fuses are all fine. What is wrong with this ski?

My 1996 gtx will not turn on or over just like it did last time I was on the water. When I put the key on, beeps when you hit start, then nothing at all just beeps more. It will not turn over or anything. Last time it was out it would stall when the rpms and act almost like it was about to die then let off gas do it couple more times then it runs perfect. It ran good for from friday to sunday, then on sunday it wuld not start and battery would not stay charged at all. got a new battery fully charged it then it would drain it in no time, bilge would not stop running without the key on, and it would not start. So today with new charged battery it will not do anything at all besides beep and have light come on. Installed a new rectifier and still nothing happening. What is wrong with this thing?

Its never too late to read & understand your manual, wherein it explains how to maintain the watercraft, and how to's if it ingested water. Time is of the essence
to act quickly to protect the investment. Please spend some time here also reading
similiar posts of your concern. Where are you located, incase some member is close
to you as these "flowerpots" need extensive help to revive them. You will become
familiar with terminology used here by reading the FSM to help others help you. Posting a question needs attension to detail, to get the proper answer.
XPL: pull pump & engine and prepare for a full overhaul.
GTX: Complete examination of electrical system harnesses & components.

Your Manual and friends are here for you!

So the XP is basically done for and the gtx needs the ground cables and electricals checked. The gtx does not blow any fuses and neither does the xp. The GTX also says high rev and low volt on the gauge display.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got my username to work. Dizbo6 is the one I'm using. Please help me out with these skis on my other post. Seadoos will not start!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back