98 Seadoo Sportster 1800 Mpem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my Mpem replaced with 2 Mpems and later had starter trouble. The last mechanic kept boat 9 months and took boxes apart and never completed the work. I picked it up and engine compartment is a mess. Does anyone have a picture where each wire should go in each box so I can make sure they are where they should be?

ok, this is going to be hard to get help since not many people have done the conversion to help you out on the newer DESS boats. Now do you have 2 MPEMs that are DESS or regular ones? Since I have seen people add 2 posts to them to the one and make the keys be the same. You do loose some the features from the single MPEM like the neutral safety switch and not going over 3000RPMs in reverse. So what I would do is is you have a DESS MPEM I would look at like a 96 GTI or GTS wiring diagram if you have a older one choose like the 95 models and compare to the 98 Sportster one since you have to splice and trace wires.

I had the ones that you crank without the neutral safety switch. I can look in the box and get numbers off the cdi. Also, I see several light blue wires I don't remember seeing when the 2 were first put in there. Last mechanic said he had to put another cdi box in and that.'s what I'm not sure if he put wires back right. I can send images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back