98 sea doo sunk

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sea.doo.dan

i did not put in the 2 black plugs at the back of the machine. water filled up my alot of my machine and made it into the engine compartment. i removed spark plugs and tried to start the machine with out them and lots of water was coming out as i was turning it over. am i as screwed as i think? how can i tell or what else may i be able to do?

CANT SLEEP!

I have had this happen twice to my 1996 GSX. Take the plugs out and spin the motor till you see no more water coming out. Put the plugs back in and try to start it. It wont start because the plugs will be fouled by water. Take the plugs out clean and dry them and keep trying. This method worked for me about the seventh or eighth try each time. You will get a "snort" around the fifth time. Dont worry keep trying, clean the plugs dry them and it will eventually start and blow out the remaing water. I have had no after effects of the flooding to date and its been a lot of rides in between.

get the water out of the engine before your bearings rust up.

Tip the nose up to let the water drain out of the hull.

Crank with the plugs out, until the water is out. (do it in short 10 second intervals so you don't burn up the starter)

Once the water is out, spray a little fogging oil in the cylinders, and use some starter fluid to get it to fire. Once it is started... the water will purge out.

If you don't do this soon, your engine will be toast.

How long ago did this happen, and was it saltwater? With *plugs out spin engine
for 15 seconds, rest one minute. Repete several times, do not let starter over-heat,
until water stops squirting out. Dribble pre-mix in holes, Clean and install the plugs,
Dribble mix down carbs and attempt start, cleaning plugs until sucessful. Then ride
it for an hour non-stop. You need to do this to get moisture out immediatly! Bills86e

When I purchased my new 97 GSX I had it tied up next to my boat for the evening. When I woke up the hull was full of salt water up to the top of the engine. Had it towed to the dealer. Good news even though it was over 24 hours since this occurred the dealer was able to save the engine just by performing the procedure listed above.

Ok I have the plugs out and I keep turning it over and i can not seem to get all the water out of the heads.

by pre mix do u mean synthetic oil?

YEAH! These are Luxury toys so we got a new name insteads of calling "WeedEater"
gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back