98 GTX RFI won't go over 10pmh

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

wvcorder

I'm new to this forum and new to PWC ownership. I bought a pair of 98 ski's and one of the machines wouldn't run. I replaced the fuel filters and spark plugs and a new battery. Took it out yesterday and it ran like new (only has 70 hrs on it) for 3.5 hrs. I went back out today and it ran great for the first 30 minutes then wouldn't go over 3500 rpm and 10mph. Don't know where to go next with this one. Any help???

Start with the basics, fuel and spark. Is it getting both? Check compression to rule this out. Most likely a carb issue but start with these and report and the guys of this forum will get you going on the right track.

Getting fuel and spark...compression is good. It's fuel injected so no carbs. Checked rectifier, out of water, @5500 rpm's it was 13.8. What's next? Runs good on the trailer just not under load

Do you know what the psi is for the fuel pump? Have you tested the injectors? Can you tell if the plugs are fuel or oil fouled?

no idea on fuel pump psi, not sure how to check it. Have not tested injectors nor can I tell if plugs are fuel or oil fouled. Sorry not much help here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back