98 GTX LTD info guage intermittent power

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim

Having an intermittent power issue with my info guage. When I am at idle the guage is good, time and direction is there, but is I accelerate or maintain any sort of speed the guage blinks randomly. What it is does is the main screen goes blank but the gas guage is lit still. Then it will go back to showing the time and direction. I am also getting the "maint" error as well, but I know my ski is running a little hot. Could the transition to the "maint" error be causing this?
I bought the info guage on eBay so I have no history on this guage. My original was a snack for a rat...and it had water damage in it.

Sorry for the double posts, internet went down and thought it erased the first one. Don't know how to delete thread.

Update: went on river today and the info guage lost power somehow. When it flickered off the time was reset to 1200, It was about 10:30 at that time. The rpm guage is unaffected so it must be the guage or power to it. I am going to chase down the power wire and check it out.

anyone got an ideas, about to go back on the water and start troubleshooting this power issue. Its is weird because it doesn't seem to affect the motor at all.

Could it be a bad ground? maybe a dirty pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back