98 gsx limited need carb help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dpmca13

So I’m a auto machanic new to the PWC world and been reading a lot about the grey fuel lines messing stuff up, I ran the 98 gsx ltd this weekend and it kept Dying on me when I hit WOT so I was planning on doing all the fuel lines and cleaning/rebuilding the carbs but my boss brought to my attention that those carbs might need to be synced together or something...my question is is there 1 any threads/videos on how to remove and rebuild the carbs on this ski and also a video on doing the fuel lines?/and 2 is my boss right and should I take them to be rebuild by someone who does that all the time or should it be cut and dry pull off replace parts that come in the carb kit and put back on? OEM Carb rebuild kit I ordered should be here tomorrow so I’d appreciate any input ASAP Thanks in advance y’all!

Hey dpmca13 - i'm certainly no expert, but have been through the replacement and rebuild of my 98 gsx limited (rebuild/cleaned several times).

there's a pinned article on rebuilding the the carbs that is perfect on the top of this page. It shows how to go through the entire carb, step by step to get the internal parts cleaned. As for the syncing - that should be handled by the adjustment arm on the bottom of the carb that opens the butterfly plates. Doubtful they are out of sync, but you can check it when you have it off.

The fuel lines are the biggest PITA because there isn't any room to work, but go one at a time (so you don't have to deal with the routing quandary after you have them all out. Remember to get the lines from the tank to the fuel selector and look to replace fuel selector as well (apparently they fail a lot).

Hey dpmca13 - i'm certainly no expert, but have been through the replacement and rebuild of my 98 gsx limited (rebuild/cleaned several times).

there's a pinned article on rebuilding the the carbs that is perfect on the top of this page. It shows how to go through the entire carb, step by step to get the internal parts cleaned. As for the syncing - that should be handled by the adjustment arm on the bottom of the carb that opens the butterfly plates. Doubtful they are out of sync, but you can check it when you have it off.

The fuel lines are the biggest PITA because there isn't any room to work, but go one at a time (so you don't have to deal with the routing quandary after you have them all out. Remember to get the lines from the tank to the fuel selector and look to replace fuel selector as well (apparently they fail a lot).

Ok I am using Tapatalk app so I don’t see a link at the top of the page, could someone comment the link/links on here for me please

I wasn’t saying they are out of sync I was saying I didn’t know if removing them individually would mess anything up or if there was a process that had to be done to re install them or something..thanks again please post the links if possible

Ok I am using Tapatalk app so I don’t see a link at the top of the page, could someone comment the link/links on here for me please

I wasn’t saying they are out of sync I was saying I didn’t know if removing them individually would mess anything up or if there was a process that had to be done to re install them or something..thanks again please post the links if possible
https://www.seadooforum.com/threads/the-seadoo-carb-rebuild-thread.89199/
there's the link. The carbs come off as one piece and then you'll "unlink" them as part of the process to clean them up.

Do you have a link to the kits you bought?
Not everything from jetskiplus is genuine mikuni and will give you problems.

Do you have a link to the kits you bought?
Not everything from jetskiplus is genuine mikuni and will give you problems.

ed18fa68d569ec98d999aee1f3ebc3fb.jpg

That’s the invoice it says it’s the mikuni set in the diacription ...you tell me is that the right kit?!

Those look like good Genuine part numbers.

Quick question, when removing the carbs, what do you have to do to remove the choke cable? It looks like it’s gonna mess up adjustments if I unbolt it from the brackets is this gonna end up a huge headache or is that another simple remove and re install on these?

The cables are simple to reset but you can remove the bracket from the carb if you want.

The cables are simple to reset but you can remove the bracket from the carb if you want.

Ok yea I was thinking that but it looks like those little screws could be a headache if I drop them..jus wanted to see if it was a huge huge no no to take the cable off or if it should be easy to get back to where they are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back