98 Gs lost power at wot

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old dog 68

This morning I was out taking advantage of the smooth water about a 1/2 mile at wot the old hit bogged out I let off and slowed and she sputtered and died. Tried to restart but it just sputtered. Waited 30 seconds or so and sne fired up and ran good? Any ideas? Almost like it ran itself out out gas. But I had a half tank.7A476E23-E0DA-46B8-B2C3-4D9CA506043F.jpeg

Did you just get this? Give us some back ground please. Maintenance history? What you've done since you bought it?

Yes new to me hadn’t been run since last year, was winterized. I put new gas an Seadoo xps in it as well as plugs. It fired right up and ran great all weekend with just this one hiccup. And ran good for the rest of the day. Actually impressed me with how strong it runs. Brought it home flushed it and fogged it till next weekend, just want to keep it going and maintained

Compression is a little low. The 720 should have 150 cold. But that wouldn't cause it to shut off

No gray fuel lines. And after reading up I didn’t perform compression test properly. Had both plugs out and didn’t hold throttle open

That's fine, you'll only get a little more with it open, your not gone pick up 20 psi per hole that's for sure. I think that mpem is still in a grey box, it wasn't a fully integrated mpem on the 720 skis. If I remember correctly. I know seadoohad issues when they swapped to that style for a few years and they mounted it right under the front storage bin and they would get wet and the connectors would corrode. I want to say fuel system, but then again I would attempt to ride and ski on the water until I personally went thru and rebuilt the entire first system and carbs myself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back